Me: “Disgusting. Seeing that you woke up first, were you at least a gentleman enough, and made us breakfast?”

Him: “Breakfast? This ain't my house bubbles,” he is busy with his phone.

Me: “Oh, okay.” I walk out of the bedroom, and go to the bathroom. I rinse my face & brush my teeth then I head straight to the kitchen. This man will know me very well, he will shame. Yazi, I don't even know why I'm entertaining him, I honestly don't.

I get done preparing myself breakfast, I even made sure that the smell will lure him to this kitchen in that bedroom he's in. TV is boring me lately, but cartoons will do.

“Why didn't you call me, and tell me that breakfast is ready?”

Me: “Ready where? This ain't your house boy, go and eat breakfast in your own house,” he snorts.

Him: “Is this how it is now?”

Me: “It is what? Go to your house, and eat breakfast then you come back here.” He shakes his head, and settles on my lap.

Him: “As I said before I'm not going anywhere, and now we are going to share your breakfast whether you like it or not bubbles. Can we sit down on the carpet at least?”

Me: “No.” Picking up a strip of bacon, and throwing it in my mouth. He chuckles, and he picks me up from the couch. “Uyenzani?” Hhayi nina, he puts me in the bathroom then he walks out quickly, I hear the key turning. Nigga just locked the fucking door, WTF? “TK open this damn door you piece of shit!”

Him: “I will after I'm done eating breakfast bubbles, enjoy your little breather in there so long,” he laughs then he whistles. Fuck! There's no spare key here, shit. Now what? It was going to be better if I had my pin with me, and there's nothing to use here to open this door. God, must be testing me with this maniac. He will pay for this.

★»★«

NOMALANGA (Lux's mother)

We finally arrived at our destination American Samoa, everyone is lost in their own worlds probably still traumatized from that shoot-out that took place back there at the garage in South Africa. It's 02:45 am, and we are all tired all I need is some rest, but first I will have to freshen up. I put my bags in my assigned room, we will be staying here at Tradewinds hotel until further notice, this hotel is very beautiful I tell you even the rooms are big, which makes me wonder how did Luxolo afford all this. Or maybe that dreadlocks guy pulled a few strings for her? No, man this ain't making sense at all, not unless I'm really slow at catching up on things. Revisiting my conversation earlier on with my daughter it was very clear that she had no idea about all of this so-called “safety trip” of ours.

I'm still taken aback by what happened back there in South Africa. I never knew my daughter as someone who knows how to use a gun I was really shocked, and my heart stopped beating for a few seconds when I saw her in action, she wasn't my Luxolo. She was not the daughter I gave birth to, she better not be a gangster or something along those lines because these things are dangerous I used to see the movies on TV they even end up killing each other, and I don't want to lose her I've lost a daughter before because of all this gangster nonsense. Her name was Luxolo too, just like my current Luxolo she was hyperactive, but not talkative.

I've been watching her from a distance ever since she was 10 years old, the choices I've made in my past left me with no choice, but to give her up for adoption. I'm not really a saint I have my own skeletons lurking around, and I might've lied a little about how my marriage with Eddie was, let's just say I'm also to be blamed for my failed marriage with Eddie, all that glitters is not gold after all. But, I was doing all of this to protect her I didn't want her to grow up without knowing me just like Luxololwethu. When I learned that she was a gangster, and had her own gang a decade ago I knew right there & then that I've failed her, she doesn't even know about my existence and it's best that way all the love I failed to give her I gave it too Luxolo, and now I need to protect her before she gets in too deep in this gangsterism. But how will I, when there's a war coming and I'm far away from her? Doesn't that make me a failer as her mother? I don't know what I'm going to do, I honestly don't, but I trust that Lee will protect her. Well, even though she did show that she can protect herself she still needs some protection herself.