Chapter 2

November 5, 2005:
She dodged and rolled and threw punches left and right. Avinia and another twelve year old boy were up against each other in the ring. Today was kravmaga class, from 1700 hours to 1900 hours. Her other classes like jujutsu and karate and brazilian capoeira among others were three hours long and then there was weapons training on Sunday which was incredibly fun. Dimitri wasn't a quite as good as avinia was, but that's because she was more calculating and precise. After taking down the twelve year old named Dima class was over and Lillian showed up to bring them home.

She didn't like that they were covered in sweat about to get in her car but there was nothing she could do about it.
"How about burgers for dinner" Dimitri, who loved the idea of America, started bouncing up and down in his seat,
"yes, yes, yes, I love American food. Papa eats that right" at the mention of our father, Avinia got a little upset,
"I don't see why he excites you so much" She said with slight disgust lining her voice. Lillian gave avinia a stern look,
"control your tongue, nobody appreciates a moody young lady" Avinia immediately fixed her face back into its neutral expression and shut her mouth. Lillian then turned to Dimitri and said
"you need to calm yourself, don't wear your opinions" Dimitri calmed down considerably after that and the rest of the car ride was him bouncing his leg up and down, because some how he still had energy, energy that avinia felt with him. However, even though avinia could probably run around the block a few times, she had better control over herself .

Eating dinner at their house was an orderly ordeal. Their mother would facilitate discussion to see what her children had gotten done that day. Avinia had passed a test that cleared her to continue on into seventh grade which was good since She had turned eight in august and it was time for her to continue to the next grade level- seventh grade. she had also finished learning Hebrew and several other languages. Bruce her father spoke English, which is why that was her second language. Their was no slacking in this household. Dimitri only felt fascinated by linguistics through avinia, and he wasn't planning on learning any more. Avinias favorite subject was science and absolutely loved technology, and programming, and was excited to learning anatomy, chemistry, biology, algebra, and pretty much everything math and science. After dinner was over and both children had talked about their day a little Lillian stood up and with a simple kiss to the cheek, sent them off to bed.

Of course one can't expect a child to do everything he or she is told, and as a result avinia and Dimitri ended up sneaking around the house at 22:30, shhhhhh, be quiet Avinia hissed through her minds mouth. I am being quiet. She rolled her eyes. After both children made it down 3 flights of stairs and through the kitchen and nearly knocked over a lamp, they finally made it to the basement.
"Alright, let's go" and with that the two started fighting. It was an obsession of theirs, more so Dimitri's than Avinia's since she could actually sit and read a book, but she enjoyed it just as much as her brother. As they threw punches and caught kicks and rolled around one might suspect they were performing a dance together, they formed a complete puzzle together. Dimitri jabbed at avinia a face to which she backed away graceful before swiping her leg underneath Dimitri tripping him and then getting him in a quick choke hold using her legs before he eventually tapped out. Yes, they were perfect for each other, and did absolutely everything together.
"That was good" avinia encouraged Dimitri,
"thanks. I think we've stayed up long enough, and I'm tired" agreed Avinia thought to her brother.