Once he was out of sight from Zoey Zach started to run. He ran out of the neighborhood and into town. As he ran memories flooded his mind from when they first met at the dance, their first kiss, them freezing their asses off at the lake, when he asked her to the winter formal, her pulling him onto the dance floor, them about to have sex together for the first time, to when he saw her making out with his bestfriend's ex boyfriend.

"Zach, honey, are you alright?" Miss Patty asks as Zach runs passed her studio. Soon enough he reaches home and runs into the house all out of breath.

"Zach?" Rory spoke as she get up from the couch. She rushed over to him and sees that he's crying.

"Zach, what's wrong?" She asked frantically.

"It hurts." He chokes out and she pulls him into a hug. "It hurts, Rory, it hurts. Make it stop."

He then falls to the ground in Rory's arms.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's okay. You're okay." She says and repeats over and over as she rubs his back as he cries hard in her arms.

<the next morning>

<<no pov>>

Dean knocks on the door with a concerned look on his face. After a moment the door opens and he sees Rory. She wore comfy pajamas and wore her hair in a pony tail.

"How is he?" He asked.

Rory shook her head. "He won't come out of his room and he won't talk to anyone."

"Maybe he'll talk to me." He suggested, but she just shook her head again.

"He won't even talk to Lane." She said as if she was about to cry. He drew an anxious breath and ran a hand through his hair.

"That bad, huh?" he mutters to himself.

Rory folds her arms. "I've never seen him this way before. I mean Maria was bad but this..." She said as she starts to freak out.

"Hey." Dean said softly and places his hands on her shoulders and looks into her eyes. "Zach is strong he's going to be okay." He assures her. She nods and he pulls her into a hug.

(Zoey) Zoey wakes up in Taylor's bed. She sat up and looked around the room confused then frowned once she had remembered yesterday's events. She heard the door click open and turned to see who it was.

"Hey I got you Luke's." Taylor said as she enters the roon with a bag of food and two coffees. Zoey smiled as Taylor sat down on the bed with her. "How are you feeling?" She asked Zoey as she hands her her coffee.

Zoey takes the coffee and shrugs. "I don't know sad, empty."

Taylor frowned.

Zoey noticed and said, "Do you want to go on a walk? I need some air."

Taylor nodded. "Sure."

<11pm>

(Dean) Dean tossed and turned in his bed. He let out a frustrated sigh and crossed his arms and stared at the ceiling. He then heard his phone buzzing on his bedside table.

He reached over and immediately answered when he saw it was Zach calling.

"Zach?"

"Hey can you come pick me up?" Zach said sounding anxious.

"Yeah sure. Where are you?"

"Doose's."

"I'll be right there." He said then hung up the phone and the scene cuts to him pulling up in front of Doose's.

He turns off the car and gets out and walks over to Zach who was sitting against the building. He had his knees up and a bottle in his hand. Dean furrowed his brows.

"Zach, what did you do?"

"Please don't be mad." He said with sadness in his voice.

"I'm not going to get mad just tell me what you did." Dean said calmly as he sat down next to him in the same position.

Zach drew a nervous breath and said, "I broke in Doose's and well you know how that turned out." He said as he lifted up the bottle to show him then took a sip.

"Give me that." Dean said as he reached over and grabbed the bottle. He felt the weight of the bottle and turned it over at angle to see how much was left.

"Damn, how much did you drink?" He asked then turned and saw the guilt on Zach's face. "How long have you been sitting here?"

Zach's brows furrowed as he thought a moment.

"Half an hour. Maybe more. I don't exactly remember."

"What do you remember?"

"I remember waking up and thinking...man I really wish I had a taco."

Dean snickered at that.

"Then the next thing I know I'm out of the house and then I remember that my mom said something about Doose's and alcohol on the night her and Luke got engaged and so I walked and now here I am."

After a moment of silence Dean looked at Zach who had his eyes closed as tears streamed down his face.

"Hey." Dean spoke softly as he turned his arm over and laid it against Zach's knee. Zach glanced down at Dean's hand and after a moment he grabbed it and interlocked their fingers. "Do you want to get out of here? We can drive up to New Haven and back. It might help you clear your head a little bit and give you time to sober up. I'll even get you a taco." He offered with a chuckle at the end.

Zach smiled and nodded. The two of them then stood up and began walking towards the car.

<20 minutes later>

<<no pov>>

Lorelai and Luke were in bed when Lorelai woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She groaned as she reached for her phone on the bedside table. Once she grabbed it she answered it and held the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" She said sleepily. "This is she."

Her brows furrowed as she listened to the person speaking on the other end.

"He did what?"