Part Twenty-three

Start from the beginning

As one man rubs himself up against me, I can’t take it anymore.

“Kade.” I shout his name over the music. When he looks up at me, our eyes locking again, I reach out quickly, allowing our hands to touch and for Kade to pull me from the group of slightly older men. I kiss him on the lips, pulling back after a moment, just glad to be back in his arms.

"Dance with me!" He hears me over the music, nodding his head, a smile playing at the corners of his lips. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. As I let him nibble slightly on my ear, I push myself closer to him, trying to conceal any and all problems down below.

Our lower halves continue to rub up against each other, the music controlling every movement we make. As our bodies move in perfect synch, I bury my head into the nook between Kade's shoulder and neck, relishing in this feeling of pure bliss and happiness.

He spins me around in his arms a few times, stopping me when my back is against his chest. I lean back into him, letting him guide me and my dancing. Although I've never been a particularly good dancer, or enjoyed it much, I'll admit that I'm having a lot of fun. I don't have any doubts that this is due more to who I'm with than what we're doing.

I don’t know exactly how long passes, because, in all honesty, I’ve been in a daze, just letting my body follow the music as Kade continues to guide my movements, but after a while, Kade turns me around, causing me to open my eyes. My quizzical look earns a gesture towards the bar, so I let Kade lead me there.

We sit ourselves on two bar stools, and Kade orders me a drink. I’m in too much of a daze, almost separated from the world in all of my happiness, that I don’t pay attention to what he says to the bartender, or to anything around me, for that matter.

My replies to Kade’s questions are automatic, but I can feel him there, his arms wrapping around me quickly as he kisses my neck, mumbling something incoherent. I feel at peace. So much so, that when I finally look around me, I only just realise that Kade isn’t there anymore.

A bartender must notice my bewildered expression, as I hear a chuckle before, “He said he’d be right back.” I try to let myself calm down a little, because I know that Kade would never let himself get in trouble or leave me just to pick up some other guy, even though I’m not exactly the best boyfriend to him. “Don’t worry, I think he was just going to the loo or something, mate.” I look up, thanking the bartender.

My nerves are only slightly calmed, when I feel two arms wrap around me.

The bartender winks at me, and I turn around on the stool to see Kade there, once again. Now I can calm down once again.

“You haven’t had your drink.” Kade says, so I pick up the drink, downing it quickly, loving the feel of alcohol burning my throat. I welcome it. And it brings me a whole other feeling of pure bliss, once again.

Kade sits beside me again, ordering another round of something different – Sambuca shots, I think. We both down them, ordering a few more rounds. As we drink, the bartender tells us both a couple jokes, which we laugh hysterically at, despite them probably not being all that funny. But hey, a drunk guy will laugh at anything. At least, Kade and I will. 

“Come on, let’s go dance again.” I put my hand in Kade’s, leading him through the crowds, to the middle of the dance floor again. A song I recognise is playing. What’s strange is that I’m pretty sure the song sucks, ‘cause I’m not exactly into all this club music, but I just feel too happy to really give a shit about how bad a song is. So, I just dance, again.

I put my hands on Kade’s hips, once again, letting the music control my movements. After a while, I feel myself becoming slightly dizzy from the mixture of alcohol, dancing, and the hugely overcrowded area. Kade must notice this, as he lifts me up, taking me out of the place.