061. Universal Law

Start from the beginning

"Y-yes, he's very cute." Hermione nervously laughed.

Constance smiled at Hermione and back down at the photograph, aimlessly tapped her pen against the wood of the picnic bench they were all sat on. Venus and Hermione, who was still red-faced, were littered with written spells and half-opened textbooks. Then, a flutter of wings sounded ahead of them. Castiel and Corinne stood there; heads held high and effortlessly glimmering under the dying sunset.

"Finally, I've been praying to you two for hours," said Venus quickly, standing up from her seat and stomping over to the two angels. "Where have you been?"

"Prayers aren't necessarily like a phone call Venus Rosario." Castiel said in his usual monotone voice that only made Venus more agitated.

"I don't think you see how sarcastic you come off sometimes." Venus said.

Castiel glanced confusedly at Corinne.

"Why did you pray to us?" Corinne asked.

Venus looked back at Hermione and Constance. "We need a favor."

"You three aren't really good at this." Castiel commented blatantly as another failed spell bounced off his chest, not even leaving a mark on his coat.

Venus sighed, slumping back into her chair.

Hermione looked back at her. "You can cross angel anilius off the list." she said, slamming her wand against the table and turning to another page of her spell book.

Venus took a pencil and frustratedly crossed out the spell from their list.

"I know Hermione might combust if I even suggest this," Constance piped up, looking away from her own notebook that had doodled of flowers instead of notes. "Maybe we could take some advice from that book of Harry's."

"The Half-Blood Prince?!" Hermione gasped, the thought of the book making her blanch terribly.

"Calm down Hermione," said Venus quickly. Desperate for any solution, she turned to Constance. "What do you suggest Cee?"

"Maybe something like the spell Harry used on Malfoy."

"Sectumsepra?"

Constance nodded.

"I'm not sure," Venus said, slightly frowning. "I think we should stick to the variation of—"

"I wish you were here, Venus."

Without finishing her sentence, Venus reeled her head around. Hermione and Constance shared a worried glance then turned back to their friend, who was shakily scanning her surroundings.

Hermione snapped her fingers, making Venus jump and spin back around in her direction. "Are you alright, Venus?" she asked.

"Yeah," she answered, looking over her shoulder with furrowed eyebrows. "I swear I just heard Harry's voice."

Constance cooed. "You miss your boyfriend." she said giddily, taking Venus into her arms as if she were her child. "Stop growing up so fast."

"Oh come off it." Venus said. "We have an Angel spell to complete."

After another three hours of calculating, conversing and spell work, they had nothing. Every spell they shot at Corinne and Castiel bounced off, fizzled out or completing went through their bodies, leaving not a single scratch on them. No one was more frustrated than Venus, who'd tripled checked every textbook they had. Hermione assured her that they'd find a spell that would work, but that only angered Venus even more.

"We've gone through every possible way to weaken them and we've got nothing!" Venus cried, slamming a book so hard into the bench that it created a textbook shaped hole in the table. "Andromeda's going to kill me."