This was not how she planned to save Elizabeth.

She bet Will had been thinking the same thing as well.

Catherine huffed out in irritation. They were wasting time, precious time, in fact. Her fear for the safety of her cousin grew the longer she knew Elizabeth was in the hands of the pirates.

Her mind began to wonder.

Why did they even capture her?

What value for a daughter of the Governor of Port Royal have?

It's not like Elizabeth was the daughter of a king, or an emperor. She was the daughter of a Governor, who only held so much power.

Her brows furrowed as she pondered over Elizabeth. Part of her wondered if her cousin said something to the pirates, giving them some reason to take her.

She knew her cousin wasn't stupid.

But, she wondered.

Catherine let out another huff, crossing her arms over her chest tightly. Her mind caused her eyes to drift around their area, until she felt Will falling against her. Snapping her head back, she pushed her friend back, seeing a very drunken woman leaning on to him, laughing.

"Fuck off, lady." She spat, pushing Will into her.

"Catherine!" Will nearly squeaked, falling into the woman.

The lady still laughed, flashing her black teeth, until a man came over, pulling her away from Will, giving him a glare.

Catherine flashed him a nastier glare, making him flinch, giving Will an apologetic nod.

"Scum." She spat, looking to the side.

Will looking right at her, taken back by the term she used. "What has gotten into you?"

She shook off his words, pushing herself into a walk. Her name was called from Will's lips but she ignored it as steam rolled off her body.

She snaked her way through the heated crowd, slipping outside into the cool night. Chaos still rang the streets, but it was much better than being inside the bar.

Her chest heaved as she breathed, still holding herself.

"Catherine." Will came up to her side, looking down at her disapprovingly.

It wasn't a surprised he was pisst at her for walking outside alone. She didn't care, she needed to breathe.

He gripped her shoulder, spinning her to look at him. "What the hell? Don't walk away from me like that, I don't want you getting hurt." The look in his eyes soften as he spoke to her, much like the older brother he was.

Catherine rolled her eyes. "I can protect myself."

"You know what I mean."

Catherine didn't reply, keeping her gaze low.

Will's hand turned comforting. "What's going on?" He asked much softer, keeping his gaze on her.

After of holding her pursed lips for a moment, her face softened, along with her tensed shoulders. "I'm annoyed. I'm scared. I'm angry. Everything." She shook her head, avoiding his eyes.

Will wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into his chest. "It's okay, it's okay." He cooed, rubbing her back.

"It's not okay." Catherine shook her head, pulling back from him. Her eyes finally met his. "We're standing in this dump, surrounded by probably bigger idiots than Jack, if that's even possible, and we are wasting time. Elizabeth could be in much bigger danger than we realize, and we are wasting time here." Catherine rubbed her temples. "Why did we ever think we could rely on some scruffy pirate to help us? Why did I let myself listen to you?" Catherine rubbed her face, her irritation and fire rising inside her. "That's it. I've made up my mind, I'm going after her myself." She threw her hands up, turning to march away.