Chapter 5

"Marry me."

When Jungkook said this, you honestly thought that he wanted to sing Jason Derulo's Marry Me.

It made sense. The two of you were inside a karaoke booth, singing obviously. It was Sunday, meaning both of you would be back to reality tomorrow: you had to go to work and Jungkook needed to talk to Soojin.

He couldn't date your sister because he was already dating you, though you told Jungkook not to broadcast your relationship with anyone.

Not yet. This wasn't the right time. You first needed to see how Soojin would react. You didn't want her to think that you stole Jungkook or something.

That wasn't the case. You liked Jungkook even before Soojin liked him. There was no point in denying your feelings.

Seventeen years of running was already enough. How could you escape when Jungkook already conquered your heart?

You were sure he liked you too, probably more than you liked him.

"Kook, you just sang Savage Love. Do you seriously want to blast another Jason Derulo's song?" You groaned, expecting him to argue, or to pout and beg you to play the song.

However he only stared at you, pursing his lips into a thin line before letting out a deep breath.

"No, Tiger," no matter how serious the topic was, Jungkook's voice would always be soft. "I'm asking you to marry me..."

It was your turn to stare at him, completely dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry," you blinked after a moment of silence. You thought he would suddenly laugh and tell you he was joking.

"D-Did you say you want to marry me?"

Apparently, he wasn't kidding. Jungkook found satisfaction when it comes to teasing you, but not to the point where it was making you uncomfortable.

This was making you uneasy, yet he continued, a silent confirmation that this was real.

He wanted to marry you.

"Kook," you went near him, touching his shoulders. "I know you said we had the best time last night, I did too. I'm glad I kissed you and finally admitted my feelings for you."

You tried to remember every detail of what happened last night. You two kissed, went to his apartment, and reminisced about your moments when you were younger.

Jungkook implied that he would do the worst just for you. You remembered laughing and saying that he actually brought the best in you.

And then you remembered telling him you liked him and wanted to take your relationship into another level. He agreed, more than happy to date you despite your condition of keeping the relationship a secret.

You made yourself perfectly clear with what you wanted, and it seemed like he understood. He kissed you before falling asleep last night. When he woke up, he called you his girlfriend and asked you to go on a date with him.

This day was supposed to be all about you and him. The plan was to cook lunch together, watch some tv series, cuddle, and go out in the evening to go to a karaoke booth.

You had a fun time until now.

Why was he making this complicated by suddenly proposing to you?

"I'm sorry," Jungkook apologized, caressing the back of your hand which was still placed on his shoulder.

"I was...excited and caught up in the moment—" He paused, like something struck him.

"Never mind, Tiger." He pinched your cheeks. "I'm just messing with you."