He wanted so badly to be held by Joyce and tell her all his worries, and ask her why he felt this way, but he was afraid.

Afraid, she wouldn't accept him--not like Will said he would.

She wasn't gonna accept him when he told her about his feelings for both Max and Lucas; if he told her he felt this connection with them and he knew they could feel it two.

"Is this...about what you were talking about with Will...the other day?" Joyce rose a brow, leaning to connect eyes with the boy.

Ven's attention went to the woman, his hands becoming sweaty as they reached for something to hold, though found nothing.

Joyce noticed, grabbing the boy's hands in hers with a small exhale. "It's okay."

"It isn't normal!" the boy scoffed, a tear falling from his eye, wanting to laugh at how the woman thought it was okay.

"Not really...but I've seen the way you guys are...and it may not be something we're used to, but what you three have is special."

Special? How could it be special?

Yes the feeling he felt when he was with them made him feel like they were meant for each other.

Like they were all made for each other, the soft touches and smiles, the way there were no uncomfortable silences, the way his heart began to race at just the thought of them.

He's never seen anything like how he wanted them to be, and that made him rethink the whole relationship...but...

Special?

He let the words repeat in his head, a soft fluttering in his heart, looking up at Joyce with sparkling eyes. "How?"

His voice was small, breaking Joyce's heart at the look of innocence and hope in his eyes looking for acceptance, something Joyce will give him no matter what.

The woman stood, her hand slipping from the boys making him frown, sadness filling his chest but that soon subsided when he felt the warmth cover him.

Joyce stood between the boy's legs, her arms around his head, letting the boy wrap his arms around her waist and his head rest on her stomach.

"You guys have more love to give each other."

Seven let out a broken sob, cuddling the woman closer, Joyce running her fingers through his hair after setting a kiss on top of it, squeezing the boy tight.

Making sure the boy felt accepted and loved.

──

You guys have more love to give each other

The words repeated in his head more times than he could count.

You guys have more love to give each other

He's been trying to truly understand the meaning behind Joyce's words ever since he heard them weeks ago.

It was now the end of spring break, meaning Lucas and Max had to go back to school as well as the rest of the party, leaving El and Ven alone for the day to come.

Sometimes Ven would hang out with Joyce at the small shop she works at, talking to her, telling her about the things he's been learning--the woman even helping him with his homework here and there.

Right now though, the boy was in the treehouse, reading away at the comic in his hand.

It was Wonder Woman, the one Max suggested.