004

Iida, their new class president— Midoriya, against all odds, had decided to step down from his function after the intrusion incident the previous day and he gave it to Iida, who he thought was a better fit for the role— was already very well endor...

Iida, their new class president— Midoriya, against all odds, had decided to step down from his function after the intrusion incident the previous day and he gave it to Iida, who he thought was a better fit for the role— was already very well endorsed with his position.

And the announcement of their class's first-ever activity outskirts of school seemed to be just the right place to gain his classmates' spurs and make proof of his astounding organization abilities. The second the school bus came into his field of vision a single idea crossed his mouth and he rushed to its door, "Everyone," To his habitude, his hand chopped the air, "Please, line up according to your I.D numbers. Fill those seats in an orderly fashion."

What poor Iida didn't know was that half of his classmates had no idea what doing things in an orderly fashion meant.

However, another thing he wasn't aware of was that the school bus was nothing like he had imagined it. No two-person per row seats, meaning no respect possible for the traditional class seating plan. Coming to that realization, the tall boy sulked and the rest of the class hurried onto the bus taking place here and there until only one seat was left and their undecipherable hubbub of chatter filled the vehicle.

Y/N was the last to get in since she was so focused on looking for her earphones that were stuck deep into her costume's pockets. The earphones weren't actually hers. She had taken her aunt's because after what felt like years of searching and putting her room upside down so many times, she had concluded something or someone had kidnapped them.

Rest in peace dear favourite earphones you shall always be remembered. As she stepped into the bus, she finally found them. Oh no, they are all tangled in. She internally facepalmed and continued walking over to the only free seat left in question which was next to Todoroki.

She facepalmed at that too. She had not exchanged a word with him ever since they had eaten together. It felt like he had disclosed an unspoken will to never talk to her again, to the extent he didn't even return her good mornings, something which she had quickly stopped doing to save herself from being seen as desperate and embarrassment. Yet, she couldn't bring herself to resent him for that, even though she still failed to understand what and why had brought them to this.

What can I say? It's just the way of life. You treat people with their favourite food and the next day they're ignoring you.
Reluctantly, she sat down. He was already sleeping so it was making the whole thing easier, for her,  that is. She continued desperately trying to untangle the earphones to no avail. They stayed a mess.

She turned to face Todoroki for a split second. Even with how the volume of her classmate's conversation had increased since the start of the trip, his sleep hadn't shown one sign of disruption. A sense of envy and amazement washed over her.

She could do so many things when chaos or noise was around. She could study and even write an exam, but sleeping, never. She could never sleep with noise, she felt like it was an affront to the sacred but unattainable kingdom that was a perfect slumber. It was part of the many reasons why she had never had a full night of sleep in forever.

To her, her room would always be too hot, not completely quiet enough, her blanket was never long enough, her fingers would be still too itchy from bleeding or her phone would be too charged for her to fall asleep at a reasonable hour.

Damn, you really are a lucky boy, Todoroki. Imagine looking not only peaceful when sleeping but also pretty.
Before thinking of giving up on using her aunt's earphones, an idea came knocking at her brain's door. How didn't I think of this?

She could use the earphones that way. She'd just plug them in and have to use the side of the cable that was the longest, even if that meant bending her head uncomfortably.

Yes, yes. She was that desperate.

She took out her phone and compared the size of its jack port to the earphone adapter only to let out a sigh of frustration. The earphones were never going to fit into her phone. Why hadn't she checked before taking them to school?

And I was giving myself hell for this. She hit her forehead again, it was starting to hurt from all the aggressiveness it was receiving but oh, well.

Who's the devil's spawn that still thinks producing 2.5 mm sized earphones is a good idea in this economy?
Just as she was about to really give up on the thought of enjoying any sort of music during the bus ride her gaze fell on Jiro's mp3. It was in her hands and earlobes were plugged into it. Her eyes lit up with curiousness and happiness.

Mustering the courage to talk to the girl, she slightly rose from her seat and tapped on the girl's shoulder, "Hey, Jiro, what are you listening to?"

"And this song...well, it makes you feel..." The purple-haired girl paused, thinking. Her torso was half turned in Y/N's direction and her arms were hanging on the back of her seat as she zapped through the songs on her mp3 to show the girl her playlist.

"I don't have a word to describe the feeling this one gives. It's sad but not really sad. It's like being in a car on a trip with your family but your parents are arguing because they missed an exit. It makes you mad because it happens all the time when you are with them but at the same time, you are trying to focus on the fact you're going to a nice place and you just need to endure it. It's that kind of sad song." Y/N nodded, she had never been in such a situation in her life but she understood. She liked songs that couldn't be described with just one word and that the only thing that came to mind when one heard them was a scenario or a complex painting that one could stare at for hours. She liked that kind of song.

Jiro's taste in music is amazing! but just as she was about to tell the girl that, Kirishima's voice interrupted her trail of thoughts, "Now if we talk about flashy quirks, we definitely have to talk about Bakugo and Todoroki," He stated. "For example, my quirk is good at fights but it's not that flashy. The real boring type," He added as he extended his hand to activate his quirk, a hint of melancholy circling his voice.

Y/N pursed her lips at that. Oh, oh. It only took one person to down talk themselves and she would feel everything inside her with the need to be awfully empathic and turn into the motivational speaker she'd have needed back when she still lived with her mother.

And before she knew it, she spoke up, "The flashiness of your quirk shouldn't dictate your usefulness or popularity as a hero. All that should matter is how you use it in times of emergency, and only you can decide how you make that possible. Plus, your quirk is not anything close to being boring, Kirishima, it's impressive and it suits you," After the therapist's side of herself had finished possessing her and the girl was out of its trance her eyes switched from Kirishima's shocked face to the curious but awed ones of the rest.

I spoke too loud, she wanted to slap her face again but as much as she wanted that she didn't want to be seen as crazy either. Oh, well, I might just embarrass myself even further. "Our quirks are all unique and special. They are made to reflect us, we just need to learn how to make good use of them for the greater good."

That's when she suppressed a wince and felt a lump form in her stomach. How hypocrite. She was here talking about liking our quirks the way they were but the moment it would be her turn, there would be almost no one left. How much of a hypocrite can you—

"You are so kind, L/N!" Kirishima gushed as he put a hand to his mouth, eyes almost teary. His voice had pitched up again, taking her out of her thoughts. She beamed, It's getting better, I guess.

"L/N is right, however, I don't really think Bakugo will make it far with his temper. He's totally unhinged." Asui casually stated, making the porcupine-haired teenager in front of her jolt up from his seat. Jiro who was sitting next to him ducked to the side, rolling her eyes. She just wanted to share her music with her classmate and definitely not become the victim of Bakugo's anger-controlling problem.

"What frog-face? You want to fight?" He yelled.

"See?"

"It's really funny that even though we have been acquainted for a short time we already know his character is crap stirred with sewage. How unpleasant," Kaminari added, coming in reinforcement to the girl's statement. He leaned back in his chair all proud as the ash-blond teen screamed again.

"OKAY MR.VOCABULARY HOW ABOUT I BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU TOO!" The boy yelled an octave louder, something Y/N didn't think was possible until that very moment.