Once they got to the coffee shop, Raul, got the door for the girls and they all went inside.

"Good afternoon, welcome, come on in and have a seat I'll be with you in ju-" Raul's wife cut herself off when she looked up and saw who walked in. She dropped everything she was doing and rushed over "Lainey! It's been so long! Oh my, beautiful as always. What brings you in today? I had no idea you were coming to the state!"

"Thank you Connie. I'm here for the hotel opening. Dad wants me to be here because he thinks I'll relate more with the weekend crowd. I just had to stop and see you though since I'm in the city. I also heard you had another baby so congratulations."
"Ah yes, he is so wonderful, and very healthy. His name is Carlos."

"That's great news, and how is Raul Jr. getting along?"

"RJ's doing better now that he's getting treatments, and the doctors are hopeful that he will make a full recovery, all thanks to you! You really are our family's hero, Lainey"

"Oh please, it's thanks to you and Raul for being so strong. You two are the ones to take him to his appointments and cheer him up on his worst days.  You are the real hereos not me."

"That may be true but don't sell yourself short. Without your help in paying for the treatments he wouldn't be getting them at all, so in the end it all comes back to you, and for that I will forever be indebted to you."

"I'm just glad he's getting the treatments he needs and he has two loving parents by his side at all times. Anyway, I didn't just come to chit chat. Peyton," Lainey gestures to the girl standing next to her, "and I came here to get some lunch."

"Of course, dear, what would you guys like?"

"I'll have whatever you're having." Peyton said to Lainey.

"I'll take two large strawberry lemonades and two of your toasted bagel sandwiches." Lainey ordered

"I'll get those started right away." Connie said and headed back towards the kitchen.

Raul followed his wife back to the kitchen, and the two girls found a booth in the corner

"Why are you staring at me?" Lainey laughed.

"You paid for their son's hospital bills?"

"Not all of them.  They give what they can when they can, and they paid all of them for years before.  Also, Connie never lets me pay for my stuff when I come here so I feel like it averages out in the end.  Plus it isn't their fault their kid has cancer."

"Who would have thought that the big bad Lainey Howard is actually a big softie."  Peyton teased.

"Oh, shut up.  It's not like I saved the kid's life myself, I just gave his family a little money to help them save him.  I've never even met his doctors or been to an appointment."

"Lainey," Peyton sighed.  "You really don't give yourself enough credit for all you do.  Without you that family wouldn't be able to even afford the treatments, plus you literally spend every Sunday working with a charity and you won't tell anyone.  Who does that? You literally have this reputation as a bad girl who jumps from girl to girl, but in reality you don't even have it in you to hurt a fly and you've done everything you can to make me feel comfortable since we moved in together."

"Here's your lemonades, and Raul will bring your sandwiches out soon.  I hope you don't mind I put him to work in the kitchen." Connie chuckled.

"I don't mind at all, and there's no rush on the sandwiches we don't have any plans for the day."  Lainey responded.

After Connie went back to waiting other tables Peyton and Lainey continued their conversations until their sandwiches arrived.  After finishing their drinks and sandwiches they sat in the booth watching the other customers and making small talk.