"We went to a club one time for his birthday. Does that count?"

"No. He never took you out to dinner, or to the movies or something?"

"I mean we went out with all of our friends sometimes, or he would come over to hangout sometimes when he needed help with homework and then we'd watch a movie and fuck or something."

"No offense, but you were in a really shitty relationship."

Peyton sighed, "Never mind." She reached for the door.

"Wait!" Lainey grabbed Peyton's hand to keep her form getting out. "Let's date."

"Huh? We're supposed to be engaged. Did you forget about that?"

"No, I know that, but I meant let's actually date. Let me take you out. Let me treat you like I would if this wasn't all forced on us."

"I don't know Lainey, I-"

"One month... 30 days.... that's all I ask, and if you don't want to be an actual couple after that I'll quit asking you to go places with me and this can all go back to being fake. Just give me one month to change your mind."

"What if I don't want to end it after a month?"

"We stay together for real. I'll give you till we leave Za's to decide if you want to try it or not." Lainey said before getting out and heading inside to her friends leaving Peyton in the car to contemplate her words for as long as she needed without the added pressure of her sitting there waiting for an answer.

Of course they were the last ones there, and everyone was waiting on them. "Damn, took you long enough, I was starting to think you'd stood us up. What'd you do, drop the misses off at home?" Alyssa asked as Lainey sat down in one of the two empty seats.

"No, we just left after you guys, and then we were talking in the car. Peyton should be in, in a minute."

"Ah man, did you guys have another fight?" Mackenzie sighed, shaking her head.

"No, we didn't have another fight we were just talking. Plus can you really blame her for spending extra time in the car? I mean you guys aren't really the most welcoming towards her. I'm surprised she even still says yes when I ask her to come places with me."

"Wait, you invite her? She doesn't invite herself?" Mack questioned.

"Yeah, why?"

"And she says yes? You don't have to like beg her or anything?"

"No, why?"

"Huh, Eli and I always figured she either invited herself to keep an eye on you, or you had to literally beg her to come with you."

"Beg who, to go where?" Peyton asked as she walked up and took her seat between Lainey and Eli.

"Uhh..." Mackenzie froze trying to think of a person on the spot.

"Megan!" Eli almost shouted, trying to help his friend cover for their earlier conversation.

"Yeah, her sister, sorry I couldn't think of her name."

"Oh, yeah. I could see how you would think that. She scares me." Peyton said.

The rest of the group sighed in relief that Peyton had bought the cover story.

"What took you so long in the car?" Alyssa asked.

"Oh, I was just thinking."

"About?" Alyssa pushed.

"About how she's never been here." Lainey stepped in trying to save Peyton from the nosy Alyssa.

"You've never been here?!" Eli exclaimed.