Chapter 7

Baekhyun and Chanyeol's dinner were kinda awkward for them. As soon as Chanyeol arrived Baekhyun's father came next. Good timing but not for Chanyeol. He had been trying to practice how to act in front of Baekhyun's parents but his practice was just useless since his nervousness got the best of him.

They were eating dinner, courtesy of Baekhyun's mom who cooked the food, and the whole table was filled with silence and awkwardness. Well.. That was for the both of them, Baekhyun's parents, of course, didn't feel like that at all.

"So, what's your name sweetie? I haven't heard anything of you from Baekhyun." Baekhyun's mom began cutting the silence off.

"P-Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol stammered. Chanyeol, for some reason, was way too nervous. He didn't know what to say or even do. He was nervous in meeting Baekhyun's parents. Like it was even a big deal. He's just going to introduce me as a friend. He thought, but deep within him knew much more than that.

"Nice to meet you Chanyeol. I could see you're nervous. Don't be." Baekhyun's mom said as if reading Chanyeol's mind. He mentally cursed himself for being that obvious.

Baekhyun's dad dropped his spoon and fork and stopped eating. This madw Chanyeol very nervouse and look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just shrugged. "So Chanyeol, we just wanted to meet you if you're that trusted to be Baekhyun's friend. We just want to protect him, no, I mean his mother wanted to protect him even though she already knows Baekhyun is already capable at taking care of himself."

"What!" Baekhyun's mom glared at him. "Baekhyun, take Chanyeol to your room."

Baekhyun nodded and dragged Chanyeol to his room.

Baekhyun closed the door behind him and shrugged at Chanyeol who was left confused.

"Sorry about that. My parents are just like that, you know, like cats and dogs."

"It's okay, now I can breathe." Chanyeol sighed. He did not know he was holding his breath a while ago.

Baekhyun went to his bed and sat down patting the bed indicating that Chanyeol should sit too.

"You know, you've got a nice room. A big one. Even bigger than my room." He said while sitting next to Baekhyun.

"Yeah."

After that, silence filled the room with awkwardness.

Silence.

Deafening silence.

Extremely deafening silence.

Chanyeol cleared his throat to kill the deafening silence within them. If silence could make your ears destroyed, his would have been destroyed at the moment. "So... I'm sorry."

"Yeah. You should be." Baekhyun said while looking down trying to hide the smile that's about to form.

"Look, I am really sorry. I swear I'll explain it to you. Just please hear me out." Chanyeol said.

"I'm listening."

"You see.. Taeyeonaskedmetobehisboyfriend." Chanyeol said fastly giving Baelhyun a confused look. "WHAT!"

Chanyeol just nodded.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't look angry but he look confused. "I don't understand. Can you please take it slow?."

Chanyeol gulped. "Taeyeon, wanted me to pretend to be his boyfriend."

"WHAT!" Baekhyun was shocked. Chanyeol thought he didn't understand it, so he repeated it. "Taeyeon, want-" But Baekhyun cut him off. "Is that why you are avoiding me? You agreed to her?" Baekhyun looked up at him with a hint of hurt-ness in his voice and Chanyeol could sense that. "No, I haven't and I won't." For a moment, Baekhyun was relieved and he didn't know why and so he frowned. "Why?" He asked.