twenty-three.

Começar do início

He refrained from pushing her into the person she used to be but someone new- a better version. The only issue was once he left the good and pureness she felt- left with him. He took it all with him- the moment he apparated away from her room. She was left drowning in guilt. Mr.Malfoy's presence made it easy to breathe. Seeing him made it easier to believe what she was doing was okay. When it was not.

Dolohov stayed out of her way. She never saw or heard from him since the time in the garden. Esme felt his horrifying appearance near her room at times but pushed the intrusive thoughts away, reminding herself that she was safe.

 Mr.Malfoy promised she was safe. He was the one person who never lied to her. He came into her room mostly at night before he left for work. She took immediate notice of how his features became more exhausted as the days passed on. 

Although the moment his eyes locked with hers, it was as if his entire persona had been relieved. She saw how the tense muscles in his shoulders rolled back as he removed his blazer, walking over to the table. Sometimes he would fall asleep, and she would pick up a book allowing him the rest he desired. When he awoke, he sent a kiss to the top of her head and left for work. He put a halt on kissing her lips, which made her heart sink. 

Esme was growing attached, and it worried her how much she relied on his presence at times. His sarcastic remarks made her insides bubble, and her gloomy mood would vanish the moment she saw him.

When it was time for him to leave, she would whisper the same words she did every night.

"Will you come back?"

And each time, he replied with, "If that's what you wish."

She hung on to his words like a promise, and it scared her.

"I will bring the book right away Miss, Don't worry." Nolly chirped as Esme nibbled on the side of her toast. She had requested her house-elf come and eat with her, at least once a month. 

Nolly hesitantly agreed, and Esme knew it was a big rule breaker for her work. She feared Nolly would get in trouble, and so she begged Mr.Malfoy until he reluctantly gave in as she jumped in glee, clapping her hands together like a child.

"Thank you, Nolly."

Her favourite house elve shoved a bit of fruit in her mouth before hopping off the seat. She picked up the parchment Esme had left on the edge of the desk before holding it securely in her grasp. 

Nolly snapped her fingers together with a tooth-grinning smile, vanishing into the air. Esme hummed in delight as her Friday breakfast wafted into her nose. Fridays were her favourite. The elves in the kitchen surprised her with a new meal each week, which she gracefully accepted- always keeping enough for those who wished to have some later.

She patiently waited for Nolly to return, deciding to take a shower in the meanwhile. She dragged the clothes off her body, still nervous, to meet her reflection in the mirror. When she stepped in, the warm water cascaded down her back, and she sighed, feeling her tense muscles relax. She scrubbed and scrubbed the way she did every morning, hoping to get rid of the traces of her past. It was the one thing that made her feel a tinge better. 

She knew that as long as the soap washed away the skin that had been dented by her past- It would pass an effort that deserved recognition. 

She hid her new scars from Mr.Malfoy, keeping on baggy sweaters and sweatpants. He never seemed to mind how she dressed- he tended to be preoccupied with her face, never moving his eyes away from her features. He admirably gazed at her freckles and luscious chocolatey skin, as she did the same admiring his thick lashes and milky-coloured skin that never held a blemish.