𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

Toph's pov.
Normal day in zaofu with peace and quiet like what I wanted it to be. I was wondering around the garden behind the house of aunt suyin because of boredom and can't do anything because of my blindness. Well I'm living with my Aunt Suyin and her family. Aunt suyin was always kind to me. Me and her daughter opal were very close because we would talk about wishing to meet grandma Toph that I'm named after. I was living in zaofu about 7 months now and it was doing great but to be honest I feel like a rich girl living here pfft-. My mind was interrupted when aunt suyin came up to me.

𝐎𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧. 𝐒𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 - Aunt suyin said while giving me and small envelope with a letter in side. I bowed politely saying thank you for giving me this and started walking to my room then sat on my bed and open the envelope to read the letter.

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐓𝐨𝐩𝐡, 𝐌𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐨, 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞. 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐙𝐚𝐨𝐟𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐚𝐭𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐫. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫. 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐢 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐳𝐢𝐳𝐢 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐢𝐧.
-𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐋𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐢 𝐅𝐨𝐧𝐠

When I was finish reading the letter I decided to take a change into my casual clothes and give to Aunt Suyin the letter so she knows why I'm leaving. I standed and walked to my closet to grab my clothes to change into. The clothes I changed into:

(I did not draw it but I made it by playing the Doll divine Alisa Christopher)

I decide to just left my hair down cause I don't know how to tie my own hair. When I was done changing in to it. I leave my room and tell the one guards whose name is kuvira to give the letter to Aunt Suyin for me. When I was done doing that I went to where zizi staying to greet him and checked him. When I saw zizi I quickly gives a bear hug and a pat in the head as his head rubs against my waist signing that he misses me.

𝐀𝐰𝐰𝐰 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐥𝐞 - I cooed while rubbing my two hands against his cheek and kissed his nose.

Zizi licked me by the cheek as his kiss back. I giggled and continue petting his head. Then suddenly Aunt Suyin was watching me by the doorway and that scared the hell out of me because I haven't noticed it cause I was so focused on Zizi. I turned around and greeted Aunt Suyin.

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 - Aunt Suyin said while sitting on the ground patting the spot in front of her.

I nodded and walked towards her sits down at the spot she let me sit and starts tieing my hair. She tied my hair into a huge bun and leave bangs untied and puts a somewhat green head band that I can't describe because of my blindness. My auntie hands me a bag that has grandma toph old clothes that she wear when the world is still in war with the fire lord Ozai. I kindly accepted it and went to the bathroom and let the maids help me wear it because I'm blind. When I walked out the bathroom and saw auntie looked so happy.

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐚 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 - Auntie said while wiping away the small tears falling with a smile.

I don't know what to do so I hugged her and she hugged back we were like for a couple of minutes until kuvira announced that dinner is ready. We both nodded and released each other from the hug and went to the dinner hall. As I arrived there I went to my original sit that was next to opal and we start eating.

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐩𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 - auntie said while rising a glass of wine which we also rised ours but mine is water because I'm still young.

The whole night was fun conversation with my family, so many laughing and smiling. I love my family so much, but not as much as my mom but still love them. I love it that they treated me not like a helpless, fragile blind girl which makes me happy about Well mom does but sometimes she would be overprotective which I understand because I'm her only daughter and I'm still young. When we finished eating we said our good nights to everyone and went to our rooms. When I arrived at my room I closed my door and start packing some clothes to be ready for republic city. I put my combat clothes, casuals, formals, and the dress grandma toph wear when she's with her family (the dress that toph wear when she's inside her old house and team avatar find her). I took off the clothes I'm wearing and wear a normal white nightgown then I called the maids to wash the clothes auntie let me wear because I would like to bring it with me also. When I was done, I layed down on my bed and slowly drifting into a slumber.