"Soon is right, I see. When do you plan to tell our mother?"

"Well, we planned to tell her today." He took another sip as if already preparing for the confrontation.

"We?" Anthony asked.

Colin coughed the bit of drink that passed his throat. "W-what?"

"You said 'we planned'." Anthony was now looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"I mean me. I plan to tell her."

Anthony looked like he was about to say something but a knock came at the door. It was his butler informing him of his solicitor's arrival. And with that, he left and Colin's slip of the tongue was forgotten.

Once left alone, Colin's eyes caught the words "Lady Whistledown's Society Paper" on the desk. His brows furrowed as to why the paper was even in his brother's office, who had no inclination towards the mysterious author at all ever since they started featuring anything to do with the Bridgerton name. He shrugged his thoughts away and read, curiosity overruling him.

"...Gwendoline Passmore- and all the other ladies, for that matter- do not seem to get past expected pleasantries with the Duke of Bretton. But worry not, dear readers, for I spy another match that will sooner or later make their announcements following that of the soon-to-be Earl and Countess of Kilmartin. It was nothing short of a surprise to see Mr. Dunford, now Stannage, with a ward that could stand next to the season's Incomparable. And what better and more intriguing romance could there be than that! The London Times is yet to feature any news, but I will definitely be counting the days before it does."

Colin had just finished reading the paper when the viscount came back to the room. "How on earth does Whistledown know all of these matters?" He looked at his brother with wide eyes. "Didn't Francesca and Kilmartin plan to have the London Times release an announcement today?"

"Kate would like to know the same thing..." Anthony shook his head. "At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she had every name of your mistresses down to a T."

"Then I'm sure she has a longer list of yours. That, I bet, Kate would like to know." Colin decided against telling his brother that he had let go of his only mistress over a year ago, when he realized that he'd be out of the country more often and would be unfair for the lady to let her wither by her lonesome. Any affairs he had since then had been short and with almost strangers- as respectable as they could go, if he could help it, as it would do no one good for him to overlook his safety and his future spouse.

"The moment Whistledown gets a hold of that list, I would make sure to search the entirety of Great Britain for the old bat before an ink splat could reach Kate." Anthony jested but Colin could see the hint of murderous intent in his eyes. He may be a sensible man who put his family and responsibilities first, but he can definitely be bull-headed at times. And for Viscountess Katharine Bridgerton, née Sheffield, he will readily charge at anyone or anything that dusts the edges of her frock.

"You charm the pants of me, brother." Anthony seemed like he was ready to make a quip but he decided to digress before the viscount got heated. "What was the business you attended to minutes ago, anyways?"

Anthony narrowed his eyes at him but answered, nonetheless. "Just some concerns about the properties in the country."

"Nothing's wrong with Auburn Hall, right?"

His brother looked at him indignantly, as if the thought was offending. "No, of course not." Among all the Bridgerton siblings, Anthony had been the most attached to their ancestral home, having grown up there for half his life before their father passed away and the family chose their London house as their official year-long residence.