"merry christmas guys." I said between laughter and draped my arms around claudias back, my neck resting onto her shoulders.

she gave me a tight squeeze and then pulled away, but still grasping onto both of my hands.

"calum was just telling me that you brought ashton with you." her eyes narrowed me down.,

I nodded weakly, "um," my eyes drifted towards calum, "yes I did."

she shrugged her shoulders quickly, "the more the merrier!" her voice squeaky.

she was such a happy go lucky when she was drunk, which is what I needed for tonight.

I couldn't change her mind, I couldn't make her like ashton as much as I did. but this was just something I had to live with.

calum came closer to the both of us, "claudia has had a few glasses if you know what I'm saying." he teased around.

claudia rolled her eyes slightly and playfully hit his chest, "oh please, shush baby."

he chuckled and shot his hands up in surrender. they were so happy together. they made it look easy. so simple.

"speaking of wine," she gazed down at her empty glass, "I need a refill."

calum shook his head and reached out to take the glass out of her hands, "I think you're good sweetheart."

her blue eyes desperately gazed up at her boyfriend with the pout of her red lips, "calluumm." she whined.

"go get some water claudia." his tone of voice becoming more serious.

he wanted to take care of her and make sure she was protected. he was so good to her.

she let out a soft sigh, "alright alright," she nodded, "keep jade company, ill be right back."

and then calum gave the top of her head a gentle kiss as she left for the kitchen. calum looked happy which made me happy.

he placed the wine glass on the fireplace mantel and then gave his full attention on me.

I gazed up at the nicely dressed boy with a smile.

"you look nice." I reached out a playfully tugged at his bow tie.

he swatted my hands away, "hey be careful with this, it took me about an hour to tie correctly!"

this caused me to giggle and shake my head at the boy, "did you have to ask claudia for help?"

he shamefully nodded, "of course I did."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "im not surprised whatsoever."

calums eyes then trailed from mine to around the room. they widened as if he saw something he shouldn't have. a look of panic struck his face before settling his eyes back on me.

he awkwardly coughed and stood up a bit more straight, "soo," his eyes shot back upwards and the back at me, "where's ashton?"

I raised an eyebrow at the boy, "in the kitchen, why do you ask?"

calum was the worst liar. and whenever there was something wrong you could just tell by his facial expressions.

and he didn't deal well with stress and panic. he was always the one to freak out and try to solve things. I hated him for it.

he shook his head, "just wondering." and his eyes looked upwards one last time.

and then I couldn't help but spin around to see what all the fuss was about. my eyes trailed across the room, looking for what seemed like such a big deal.