16 years old Lin Cheng, 13 years old Shen Xing.  

"What is this?" Lin Cheng squinted, taking out a letter found inside a book.  

Shen Xing blinked, shaking her head.  

Lin Cheng opened it up, went through it, his face becoming darker and darker. 

Presumptuous! Which bastard is your beloved?! Which bastard is your girlfriend?!  

Sincerely and earnestly, "Xing Xing ah, this kind of letter ought to be directly given to the teacher! Now you are in junior high school, he is jealous that you study so well and is trying to distract you! Such a bad person, you must give the letter to the teacher, let him be punished." 

Shen Xing opened her eyes wide, thinking that what Cheng brother said made sense!   

The next day of school, she immediately gave the letter to the teacher....... 

   ** *

Lin Cheng 20, Shen Xing 17.  

Shen Xing's college entrance examination, Lin Cheng missed two days of lessons, standing outside the exam door, squatting.   

Once the exam was done and she came out, she immediately saw brother Cheng smile, waving at her, and she pounced over.  

Lin Cheng's body was already firm, steady and gently he caught her.

  ** *

"Hey hey hey, Xing Xing, Where are your eyes looking at?!"  

Shen Xing slowly drank a mouthful of warm water Lin Cheng passed her, her finger pointing at their military training guards. 

"Brother Xiao looks handsome!"  

Lin Cheng's face turned black, Shen Xing, very good!  

"Brother Cheng, why didn't you get me food from the canteen today?" During the period of military training, there were many people in the canteen, usually Lin Cheng fetched it for her, she could directly eat after arriving.  

Lin Cheng's face was still black, "Humph, don't you have brother Xiao? Let him fetch it for you!"   

Shen Xing blinked, looking at the densely packed dining hall, "forget about it, brother Cheng, I'll return to the dormitory and eat some snacks!"  

Lin Cheng's eyes opened very wide. Seeing she really walked away, he pursed his lips and pulled her.  

Leading her outside, Shen Xing smiled. Her brother Cheng had ordered food since earlier.

He let her eat before she was allowed to go to sleep. Then he went to the military training.  

  ** *

Lin Cheng 23, Shen Xing 20.  

After the birthday celebration, Lin Cheng sat beside Shen Xing. Restraining his somewhat trembling legs and also wiping a handful of sweat.  

"That, Xing Xing......."  

"Hm?"  

"......"

"Legally, you can already get a marriage certificate......."  

"So?" 

"Cough cough, let's get a marriage license!"  

Shen Xing blinked, "You didn't prepare anything, and just proposed?"  

Lin Cheng pondered, then spoke in deadly earnest, "I'll make up for it tomorrow?"  

Shen Xing thought, how can I agree so easily?   

......

Standing by the gate of the Civil Affairs Bureau, Lin Cheng raised his head to the sky, emotionally holding his tears from flowing out.  

Because the first time proposing marriage was too impulsive, he directly proposed marriage with an empty mouth and white teeth, causing him to lead her to the Civil Affairs Bureau's gate for a total of 6 times, spending 2 years in the process. Diamond ring, fresh flowers, sports car, balloon....... Totally exhausting everything but Shen Xing still didn't agree.

Instead, it was the sentence on the 6th attempt that made her nod.   

Lin Cheng had led Shen Xing for 20 years, she had lovably followed him to many places.

Only this one time, Lin Cheng was led to the most difficult and yet the happiest time.   

Lin Cheng said, "I'll give you my small heart"

From here on, you are in control of my heart, in control of my life and death.......

Footnotes:

1: he said 小心心 [xiǎo·xīn·xīn] = xiao means small, xin is heart; 心 has the same sound as 星 [xīng], which means star, and also her name.