4

balaclava - arctic monkeys

"ew sapnaps here." george joked. "real funny, dumbass." you could hear sap rolling his eyes. "how are you?" dream asked.

"not too good."

the other two males bombarded him with questions but quickly retreated upon having no reaction from sapnap. a few clinks and sighs were heard from sapnap end of the call. "sap?" dream asked softly, making sure he was still there. "i have a small problem." sapnap drawled, voice soft and hesitant. "hey, its ok. whats the problem?" george stayed silent, sapnap did too. "well,"

a few moments of silence pass, and that silence was so painfully loud. "you think you love him?" george asks. "yes. i think i do. is this normal? like, is it normal to feel this way?" sapnap voice was tired and restrained, woven with anxiety. he fumbled with his fingers and waited worriedly for one of the other two to speak up. the poor boy felt so small compared to his friends, never knowing how to comprehend his feelings, loud and obnoxious. at least sapnap thought he was, despite the constant and subtle reassurance he received from the others. quickly, he was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a bubbly sound. someone joined the vc. nick quickly perked up, anxious to see who it was. oh god.

"karl!!!!" george happily greeted. "hey karl!" dream chimed in. nick felt the blood pool in his cheeks. "hey gang!" you could hear karl smiling vibrantly. sapnap quickly cleared his throat and faked a smile the best he could. "hey karl!" he happily said. "sappy!" karls joy made guilt and dread collect in the pit of saps stomach. "hows it goin, cutie?" sapnap asked. "oh stop it, sap." karl chuckled. "im doing good! i just had to come and talk to my sappy nappy." he teased. sapnap previously nervous expression softed at karls words. "of course, i knew you couldnt resist me." karl huffed at the comment. "ugh, get a room you two." george playfully gagged. "oh stop, go makeout with dream or something." sapnap mocked georges grossed out tone. another bubbly sound. "bad!!" dream chirped. "hello you muffins." bad greeted sweetly. everyone greeted darryl and joked around. they all chatted and talked about how everyones day had gone.

sapnap sighed, he was by himself in the vc now. moments before, everyone said their goodbyes and went to bed or left to attend to belated duties. the boy left the vc and turned off his pc reluctantly.

(short and sweet sorry)
word count: 422