Chapter 1: Resistance

Author's Notes: Please read before beginning! I know they're long; I'm sorry!

Hi! This is my very first fic! Wow! Amazing! I really hope you guys enjoy it. I've been reading Kylo fic for a while now but recently I got the urge to take a stab at it myself! I'm a little out of practice when it comes to writing things just for fun, but I've loved literature since I was really little, so I decided I could try putting my writing skills to the test. Coincidentally, I'm in college for writing as I post this, so I apologize if updates are slow. I may have gotten in over my head with this little project, but I'll do my best to see it through!

I'm going to try to keep the story as canon compliant as possible, but my Star Wars knowledge isn't perfect, so bear with me if I get something wrong! I picture it beginning a couple of years before The Force Awakens and ending just a few months before it. Since it hasn't been disproved in canon yet, Ahsoka is alive (obviously, because she's my favorite character other than Kylo and there was literally no other choice for reader's Force mentor) and working with the Resistance because I think she would definitely bring Fulcrum back to fight the First Order. Also, other characters in the story will refer to both Ahsoka and the reader character as "Fulcrum" because in the days of the Rebellion the name was taken by multiple rebel spies/informants and I thought it would make sense for the same thing to apply here. I thought about giving reader another codename, but I think she'd just use Fulcrum too.

Oh, and one more thing. The rating is going to change and the tags will be updated because, yes, I am going to attempt smut later. The whole point of this fic is that I'm living out my fantasies of living in the Star Wars galaxy, but also of getting railed by Kylo Ren, so...

It's going to be a long, torturous slow burn, but that's where we're headed.

Enjoy!

————————————————————————

Early morning sunlight shone through the towering jungle trees of D'Qar, blinding you as you stepped out of the shade of the Resistance's underground command center. Shielding your eyes, you looked around for your master, Ahsoka Tano, who'd told you to join her for tea once you were ready for the day. Among the commotion of shuffling bodies going about their daily activities on the base's surface, you spotted her sitting at a makeshift table of crates. Her montrals, with their blue and white pattern that sharply contrasted the endless green of D'Qar's landscape, were impossible to miss.

"Good morning!" she called as you sauntered up to her.

"G'morning," you muttered, rubbing sleep from your still-heavy eyes.

Unlike Ahsoka, you still couldn't make yourself a morning person, even after years of early rising for training, traveling, and other predicaments. She sometimes teased you lightly about it.

"So, today's the day!" she beamed as you sat down. "Your first real mission. How are you feeling?"

"I feel good, I guess. As good as one can feel about this sort of thing."

"Here, drink it while it's still warm," Ahsoka urged, sliding a cup of Deychin tea over to you.

"Thank you, master," you responded eagerly.

Thank you, master.

How many times had you said those words?

Your gratitude to Ahsoka was beyond what words could express. She'd found you in your hour of greatest need, when you were young, scared, and alone with nothing but your uncontrolled Force abilities to guide you. She'd been reluctant to train you; you knew this. You didn't push Ahsoka to tell you more about her past than she was comfortable with, but you knew enough about what she'd gone through to understand her hesitancy to take on an apprentice. And yet, even in your helpless state, she'd seen potential in you. Thanks to her, you'd been given a second chance, and now you were a part of something bigger.