Esme hoped Mr.Malfoy would catch her eyes from his angle, but to her disappointment Dolohov did, and he grinned evilly at her with a malicious intent lurking in the depths of his now purplish features. His throat had imprints from Draco's fingers, and from her height at the balcony, she had a clear view of the bruises beginning to form on his rough skin. 

Draco's hues followed up to where Dolohov was staring as Esme locked eyes with him. Turning away suddenly, she slammed the doors shut behind her, leaning against the glass of the balcony frames. Another loud sound poured out from Dolohov's mouth along with antagonized groans. She held her breath, closing her eyes. 

"Fuck Malfoy, what was that for?"

"Stay the fuck out of my face. You should be lucky enough I've allowed you to stay here."

She tried drowning out another one of Dolohov's screams, her mind whirlin with conclusions. She walked towards her bed, trying to focus on the sound of the clock ticking away.

Dolohov's previous sounds reminded her all too much of her time in the cell. It was bringing back memories she never wished to look back on. But after the sounds erupted from his lips, it was hard to contain the memories she had spent months pushing away. 

Esme fell back into bed, staring up at the ceiling. His head turned towards the side dresser, debating on taking the sleeping draught or not. Without another thought, she reached forward, bringing the glass to her lips and swallowing the potion in one gulp. Her body became drowsy, and she leaned back, pushing her head into the pillow before falling into a dreamless sleep.

When she woke up again, it was late evening. The sun was setting over the horizon. This time the sky was splattered in a deep navy blue with hints of purple. The aroma of freshly steamed vegetables and grilled chicken filled her senses. She wiped her eyes, groggily seeing that dinner had been brought early. As she rose from the bed, something from just beyond the glass doors of her side vision caught her eye. It was vibrant against the darkness that took over the sky. She walked over, opening the doors.

The roses.

Esme brown hues opened in shock at the new layout of the gardens. Taking the place of the dirt piles and the patterns of mud that surrounded the area were now rows of lush red roses. 

She sucked in a large breath at the view. It was astonishing. It was more beautiful then it had been previously. There was something magically hidden within the estate, a rush of power and security- It made her content. A wide grin spread across her lips, and she hummed in delight, locked in a trance as she viewed upon the area that could pass as a painting. 

In a way, it was disappointing that the smallest of things made her happy, and she let out a small laugh due to Mr. Malfoy's obsession with flowers. She wondered if they held a sentimental value towards him- and that was why he got upset with Dolohov.

No.

Upset didn't fathom the rage that circled around his figure. Esme could have sworn she saw smoke coming out his ears. 

As another giggle left her lips, her bedroom door handle shook as if someone was trying to break in. She paused, wondering if it was Mr.Malfoy, but then again, he could have always apparated in. The door to her room was never locked. Esme walked back into her room as the door handle shook again- this time with more force behind it. She held her breath- waiting. 

Was it Nolly?

Or what if someone was hurt?

It could be Mr.Malfoy.

He might need her help.

Esme slowly walked over to the door, pressing her ear against the small crack awaiting for any sound to signal that someone was on the other side.