sick day

see end for a/n's

x

x

SUNLIGHT FILLS THE OPEN SPACE, the slightly agape blinds helping decorate the kitchen. it's around 7:30 AM, the morning birds are still singing and jaehyun can spot the squirrels running around their house from outside the window. theres rustling in the kitchen and a distant voice.

jaehyun whines from where he lays on the living room couch, missing the warmth of his lover and hating how the sun makes his skin feel sticky. he lays there for a moment, before deciding to go up to jaehyun. he brings his teddy bear blanket with him, wrapped around his small frame like a cape. his sock clad feet drag against the floor as he lazily makes his way into the kitchen, see johnny still at the stove.

he's on the phone, back turned but jaehyun can still clearly the both of them. johnny has been in the kitchen for about half an hour now, thanks to the businesses call that's kept him so busy. jaehyun whines from behind the island's counter, looking up at johnny with tired, puffy eyes. johnny turns around, phone still on his ear and a pan filled with pancake batter in the other.

"stay on the couch, please, jaehyun."

it's more of a demand than a suggestion, but jaehyun's too tired to protest and johnny's tone is too stern for him to even want to try. the younger makes his way back to the couch, laying face down for a moment. he turns on his back, getting his polar bear stuffie and sitting it on his hello kitty pajamas. "at least you don't tell me what to do, peanut," jaehyun says with a pout, moving the stuffie's arms around.

"jesus christ, do you ever shut the fuck? no, you listen to m..."

jaehyun's eyes widen, looking at peanut. "wah, daddy must be angry..." a part of him wants to get up and walk over to the other, but another part of him knows that johnny would probably turn his anger onto him. the older tries to control his anger issues around jaehyun, it's something they worked on years before jaehyun even came forward about being a little, and it's helped alot, but everyone has their bad days.

he hears johnny sigh, and then comes into jaehyun's view with his favorite baby blue eating tray. its decorated with small, pastel raindrops and mini clouds with smiley faces. on the tray are stacks of pancakes, sliced bananas, and  oranges. johnny sits down the tray on the table, bending down to jaehyun's level.

his hand rests againsts his lovers forehead, feeling beads of sweat and a burning warmth. "you're still burning up jaehyun." johnny frowns and runs his hands through the brunette's hair, kissing his forehead freely. "we should see your doctor soon, hm?"