"What is it?" Jessi's head turned to look past her phone.

"Come here." Sam heard another voice, a little quieter. "Come on, remember a few weeks ago, she wasn't mad." Sam heard a quiet 'ok' in the background. Jessi stretched her phone out a bit further to make more room, and within a few seconds another person scrunched up next to her.

   Sam recognized Lily immediately, her hair down, her signature black lipstick and eye makeup, no piercings however. She had a small smile.

"Hi." Lily said quietly. Sam knew their togetherness wasn't anything more than friendly, she had to tease Jessi about it though.

"Oh, I'm gone for a few hours and you've already replaced me?" Sam said with a mock pout.

"Oh shut up, don't try and guilt me for rekindling a relationship." Jessi said then stuck her tongue out playfully. Sam laughed and moved her attention to Lily.

"How are you doing Lily?" Sam asked genuinely. Lily seemed a bit surprised with that, but answered nonetheless.

"I'm doing better, even more now that Jessi visited this morning. We decided to hang at her house."

"Yeah, I had to show her all the comics I've bought."

"You mean the comics your Dad bought you." Sam said. Jessi narrowed her eyes then stuck her tongue out again, both Sam and Lily laughed.

"So Lily, how have you been keeping yourself busy?" Sam asked turning her attention back to Lily.

"Oh, um, well not much really. Although, I-"

"She's got a new girlfriend." Jessi blurted out, teasingly drawing out the 'friend' part. Sam's eyes widened a bit, then she saw Lily playfully hit Jessi on the arm.

"You dick! I wanted to tell her!"

"I'm sorry, I'm just still so excited you found someone."

"There's only one question I need to ask." Sam interjected before they could continue their back and forth. They looked at her waiting for it, Sam left them in suspense for a few seconds. "Is she shorter than me?"

"No." They replied in unison. Sam let out a groan.

"Fuck! Why is everyone always taller than me!?" Sam walked back over to the bed and plopped on her back.

"Relax Sam, I like how tiny you are, but you should be happy you aren't where it counts." Jessi meant to tease, but she momentarily forgot they weren't alone. Her eyes widened a bit at realization of what she had said. Lily looked a little confused for a second, before Sam tried to change the subject, hopefully to dissuade Lily's thoughts.

"*cough* Anyway, Lily, what's her name." Lily looks at them both a bit suspiciously before deciding to move on, turning back to Sam.

"Her name is Mary, I'm pretty sure she's going to join an art class when school starts."

"Does she go to our school?"

"She just moved here recently, she'll be joining us for our senior year."

"Are you going to join her? I remember years ago that you used to paint." Sam asked, tilting her head a bit.

"Um, well...she's more into photography, I don't think that's for me really, but I support her nonetheless."

"Does she know you used to paint?"

"Um...no, no she doesn't."

"Well you should tell her. You never know, maybe you two could help eachother out."