An Unexpected Encounter

A-N: just so you know you're wearing a coat, I'll come up with a full attire later

(f/c)= favorite color

---------------

(??? P.O.V)

I was on my way back to moomin Valley since it was finally spring. I have some stories I'm sure Moomin would like to hear. I pitched my tent and got my fishing rod, I heard that the river nearby had tons of fish this season.

I casted my rod and got focused on catching my dinner. I hope I brought enough bait to catch enough of them, though.

~~~~~20 minutes later~~~~~

(??? P.O.V)

I suppose the rumors were true, I caught 6 huge fish in such a short time! Or maybe I'm just lucky? Oh I'll never know. I got the campfire ready and took out my cooking materials. Should I make cooked fish? Fish stew? Fish stew does take longer. I'll make cooked fish instead.

I took out a plate and some spices, getting ready to make the first one. I removed the fins and the tail, along with it's head. Then I put it into the pan and began cooking.

As I finished the first one I was planning on making a second one and storing the rest for tomorrow, so I set the plate on a log so the fish would cool. I was looking for my jar so I could store the other fish in it, where I put that thing? In my tent maybe?

As I was rummaging around my tent I heard quick footsteps from behind me, so I went out to see what it was. My fish was gone and a lady was running with my fish in her hand, how rude. I chased after her so I'd get some sort of explanation from her.

"H-hey wait a second!"

But it was no use, she refused to stop running. I only catched a glimpse of her (f/c) coat before seeing her vanish completely. Huh, I wonder why she's in such a rush. At this point I see no need to follow her, I have better things to do then to catch a fish thief. I do have 5 more anyway.

Guess I should prepare the other fish.

~~~~~6 hours later~~~~~

(??? P.O.V)

I packed my things and went towards the path to Moomin Valley. The sun was rising at this point and I was waiting to surprise Moomin. Usually he'd be at the bridge waiting for me to return, it's always a pleasant sight if I'm being honest.

As I neared the bridge to no surprise, Moomin was there waiting for my arrival. Once he spotted me he ran right to me.

"Sufkin! You're finally back!"

Moomin had an excited look in his eyes. It makes the return home very much worth it, since I get to see how happy he gets when I return. I smiled,

"Well of course I'm back, you know I always do come back, Moomin." I said smiling at him. "Do you have any stories from your journey, Snufkin?" Moomin asked curiously.

"Hmm... well I do have one that happened not too long ago"

"Oh do tell Snufkin!"

Moomin and I sat near the bridge as I recalled the events that happened some hours ago. "A fish thief you say?" Moomin looked puzzled, he never heard of a fish thief before. "It's quite odd isn't it, Moomin?" I asked. He shook his head as silence followed after.

"... well you should go back to bed, it's far too early in the morning for you to be up." I said. "Well all right then, see you in a couple hours, Snufkin!" Moomin waved goodbye to me as he returned back to his home. I should probably go pitch my tent where I usually do I suppose.