Chapter 19; happiness

Another normal day. It's been another week since the last day you saw him. He just left after giving you the beanie without saying anything. You wanted to run after him, hold his hand and tell him not to leave, but him ignoring your eyes made it easier for you to turn back and start walking the opposite direction, like you've wanted, like you've done all this time. And today you expect to see him and though how much you want to ignore him, you won't be able to, cause you are gonna meet almost every SM artist today at the meeting at the headquarters. You are supposed to discuss about the SM concert which is to be held in Thailand this year.

And wanting to ignore him doesn't mean that you don't want to see him either.

The meeting starts at 10 a.m.
You meet the neos, talk with them, have lunch with them and do everything possible to stay away from Mark while making it look natural. His contribution makes it easier. He said "hi" to you when he saw you two and gave a hug to your friend. You said "hi" back and turned to Jungwoo who gave you a rib breaking tight warm hug.

After the lunch, Johnny comes to you and putting his hand around your neck he says,

"you don't really know how much we miss you guys"

"well... to be frank, we didn't miss you at all dad" you reply him with a smirk.

"is THAT so?" he says and presses you harder to him until you plead

"arasso arasso! We MISSED YOU!!!! LEMME BREAAAATHEEE!!!"

and he lets you go. He lets you breathe for a minute, walks to your front and grabs you by your shoulders. You look at him. He is looking at you with bright eyes filled with affection resembling so much of a dad looking at his daughter and says,

"are you really happy?"

You keep staring at his eyes wondering whether you should tell him the truth or lie. You don't wanna lie to his face, when he is looking at you like this.

You say "kind of" nodding and still lying.

"Promise me one thing" he talks after scanning your face.

"what?" you ask.

"Don't-ever-forget-the-fact-that-you-are-a-human."

He continues after another minute of staring.

"Humans have feelings. And..... So-do-you"

His hands leave your shoulders and you feel a pat on your head. You spend some time in silence, look at his smiling face and reply him with another smile, holding back your tears.

The meeting goes on for another 3 sixty minutes. You wait till the seniors go out and leave the room at last. You see Mark talking with Baekhyun and start walking slowly wishing that he'll end the talk by the time you reach him and when you see him walking back to Haechan, you run to him and grab his sleeve slightly. He turns around and when he sees you, you say,

"shall we talk?"

He stares at you for sometime. And looks around and tells you in a whisper,

"at the rooftop"

And turns around and starts running to other neos. You ask your friend to wait for you for ten minutes and run to the rooftop.
When you reach the top, you see him looking at the sky and waiting for you.
He looks at you and says nothing.
You see that he is looking in to your eyes now. You look at his.
You don't have any reason to cry right now, but you feel tears trying their best to come out and instead of holding them back, you decide to free them out this time. You feel warm tears gliding down your cheeks, now uncontrollable.