We will see the story briefly later. Now, let's come to the present and see how Arnav is.

In the meanwhile

As Shashi told, he called Sunil.

*Hi, Shashi...*

*Khushi told me everything. Please help Khushi to complete the formalities... I came to Agra to attend a marriage. Or else, I would have come there...*

*You don't have to bother about it. I will do it.*

*Thank you Yaar...or else she would have been upset*

*Haha... I know her...*

Shashi smiled and they disconnected the call.

The ambulance entered the hospital. Arnav was taken to the ICU. Khushi came to Sunil.

*Is he your friend?*

*My college mate's uncle...*

*Call his parents then...*

*His father called me a few minutes ago... he is out of the station... he will come only in the morning...*

*Oh... no problem... I will get his signature when he comes...*

*Won't you treat him until then?*

Sunil chuckled.

*He is getting treatment at my own risk...* he smiled.

*Thank you uncle...*

*That's ok beta. A senior staff nurse will join night duty at 10 pm. She will take care of him until his father comes. OK?*

*Can't I be with him?*

Sunil looked at her thoughtfully and nodded ok. There is nothing to deny because she is here with her father's permission.

*Thank you uncle...*

Sunil waited with Khushi until the operation was completed. The RED light of the OT switched off. Khushi became ready to hear about Arnav's condition from the doctor.

The senior doctor came out of the OT and shook hands with Sunil.

*A slight fracture in his left hand. He should have pressed his hand while slipping down. His forehead and thigh were torn a little and got stitched. A few wounds were treated. He must be on rest for at least a week*

*Ok, Doctor...* Sunil said.

*Don't forget to take his father's signature...* the doctor insisted.

*Sure doctor...*

The doctor left the place.

*Khushi, beta... are you going to be with him, or shall I drop you home?*

*No uncle... I will be with him until his father arrives*

*Ok... I will send the car. You can go home in my car. You won't get any transport early in the morning... and it is not safe also* he said with concern.

*Thank you so much, uncle. (She paused for a while) Uncle...*

*Yes, Beta...*

*I don't want him to know it's me who admitted him to the hospital...*

*But why? You saved him... admitted to the hospital... going to be with him... isn't him your friend?*

*No uncle... I would have done the same even if someone had been in his place...*

*But, what harm if he knows?*

*Don't you know about our college, uncle?*

Sunil nodded yes.

*But, what will you do when his father comes? He will easily recognize you if sees you anywhere...*

*I won't be here when he comes here...*

Sunil nodded NO, pressing his lips.

*Now day's children are unpredictable...* Sunil thought.

*I'm leaving...*

*You carry on uncle...*

Khushi came to Arnav and sat on a stool which was next to his bed. She pressed Arnav's thumb on his phone scanner and called the DAD number.

*Haannn beta... how is Chotte?*

*He is fine and in the ICU...*

*I'm sorry beta... I'm troubling you...*

*It's a simple help a human can do...* She said politely.

Arvind was curious to see the girl who helped Arnav.

*Call me when you reach the hospital. I will tell you how to come to the ICU*

*Sure beta... thank you...by the way... are you Arnav's friend?*

*No uncle... I was just on the spot when he met with the accident...*

*Ohh... God bless you, beta...*

*May I know your name?*

*Arvind Singh Raizada*

*Ok uncle... bye*

As Sunil said the senior staff nurse arrived at the ICU at 10 pm. She checked the REPORT PAD which was hanging on the bed. She went back to the cupboard and came up with an injection. She injected it into the saline bottle.

*Tell me, when the saline bottle gets over* she said, looking at Khushi.

*Jee* Khushi said nodding her head.

*He has to be injected every hour...*

Khushi nodded ok again.

The staff nurse went back to her table and sat. She looked at Khushi from time to time thinking that she is Arnav's relative as Khushi didn't sleep for a while. She was looking at the saline bottle cautiously and called the nurse to inject Arnav every hour.

The next morning

Arvind called Arnav's number when he reached the hospital. Khushi attended it.

*Beta, I have reached the hospital. Where are you?*

*We are in the ICU, uncle... first floor...*

*Thank you beta...*

Khushi kept Arnav's phone under his pillow. She went to the nurse.

*Sister, I will just come, having tea... his father will be here anytime. His name is Arvind Singh Raizada*

The nurse nodded her head affirmatively. Khushi rushed out and hid behind a pillar. She saw a man rushing towards the ICU. He must be Arnav's father. She waited there for a while. Arvind inquired the nurse and went to Arnav's bed. Khushi sighed in relief and left the hospital as Sunil's car was waiting for her.

To be continued...

The next part is available on INKITT

Who is she?

*How is my son?* Arvind asked the staff nurse.

*He crossed the dangerous zone, sir. He got admitted to the hospital at the right time. His condition would have been critical if the admission had been delayed.*

Arvind looked here and there for the girl who admitted Arnav to the hospital. Arvind asked the senior staff nurse.

*Where is the girl?*