04:

-Chapter 4-

unedited

You were excited to live with Haruhi, your pen pal. You've been writing and emailing to her since you started to learn Japanese. You became the best foreign friends you can imagine. You couldn't wait to share this moment on Instagram and to the rest of your friends in [City/Country/State].

You unpacked your luggage in the spare room they had for you to rest in. You set up personal items, like photos of your friends and family, especially [Best Friend's Name]. As you thought of [Best Friend's Name], you began to text her.

[Y/N] : Heyyy, guess who's in Japan!!!

[B/F/N] : YOU'RE ALREADY IN JAPAN!? SEND PICS EVERYDAY THRU SNAPCHAT KAY?

[Y/N] : Haha, sure! Sending one right...NOW!

You sent a picture of the room you were staying in for the rest of the year in Tokyo with the message, "New Room!"

[B/F/N] : B.R.U.H. this is nothing like the rooms we have in [City/Country/State]!!

[Y/N] : Cultural shock difference HUH? I'm going to learn so much here in Japan!!!

[B/F/N] : It's 8:20 where I am right now, what time is it now in Tokyo?

[Y/N] : ERM...11:20! bruhhh time zone difference as WELL! XXDD

You heard a knock and saw someone peek through the door.

"Oh, come in Haruhi!" You signaled her to come in the guest room and she sat down by you.

 "So, how do you feel?" Haruhi asked, smiling at you.

"Oh! I feel great because I'm with you!" You exclaimed, and gave her another bone-crushing hug.

"Well, I'm glad you're here too [First Name]." Haruhi said, returning the hug and patting your back.

"Summer vacation just started for you, right Haruhi?" You questioned, wondering where you both spend your first summer in Japan.

"Yeah, don't worry, we will be in Karuizawa for the rest of the summer." She smiled and she knew she will be spending her time with her foreign friend.

I wonder what will happen in Karuizawa...