02:

-Chapter Two-

(first time writing a reader insert, so bear with me)

unedited

"You know I'll miss you, right [First Name]?" Your best friend whispers as she hugged you tight.

"Yeah, stop worrying [Best Friend's Name], we'll keep in touch just as we promised!" You backed away and looked at her worried face. You smiled at the thought that your best friend cared about you this much.

"Yeah, I guess so. Anyways, tell me everything that happened in your new Japanese school! I bet it would be fun to see what it would be like!"

She rambled everything she seemed to imagine about going to a school in Japan. You were set to going to Bunkyō, Tokyo even though the choice was completely random. You weren't sure what school you were attending to, but you didn't seem to mind.

"Well, I have to go before I miss my flight, [Best Friend's Name]!" You gave her one last and final hug before you raced off towards the terminal. You turned around to face your best friend waving at you happily and teary eyed. The sight made you a bit sad, thinking about the memories you made together that lead you to this once and a lifetime oppourtunity to go to Japan for a year.

Once you reached the terminal, you met and conversed with the other students part of the Foreign Exchange Program. They seemed to come from many different parts of the world, but many of them came from [State/Country/City], just like you.

Participating in a foreign exchange program was a first for you, but you prepared yourself for your trip to Japan. Even though this trip was going to start in the summer, you studied Japanese vigorously with the help of your teachers, friends and the Internet. During your studies with learning this new language, you tried writing to a person living in Japan just to improve your skills.

Your pen pal, Haruhi Fujioka.

You both talked about what it would be like if you traded places living in another country, but it would be a surprise for her that you were coming to Japan. You were best friends over the internet (via. email) and now, you were going to meet your internet friend for the first time.

"Ready for take-off."The pilot announced while the plane began riding along the runway. You watched outside the window as the plane was flying in the air, thinking how you made it to this point.

This was the best decision I made.