My Sister's Posessed By Demons - Prologue

Prologue.

Leah's POV. (Age three)

     It was absolutely silent except for the crying of the tiny newly born baby. I looked at my new little sister in wonder, my three year old self not knowing what to think.

     My mother watched me hold out my arms towards the baby, Avery, they said her name was. She was pretty, a little princess with a sweet name. I felt selfish. Mommy told me that word meant you were jealous or wanted something someone else had. Right now I wanted the attention, but the new baby had it all. Although, I couldn't help but love and adore this cute new sister.

      "Can I hold her, mommy?" I asked her, and she nodded. I reached for her and my mother put her in my arms.

      "Keep close, honey. Stay next to me and don't walk around with her, okay?" Mommy asked me and I nodded my head, showing her I would obey. Mommy told me the baby had a soft head and I needed to be careful with her, so I used gentle hands, petting her soft cheeks.

      "I love you, baby." I whispered in my little sister's ear.

>Three years later<

     "Mommy!! Mommy!" I yelled, running to my mommy.

     "Shh! Honey go back to your father!" My mother snapped and my eyes widened. She was talking to the man in a white coat, he had a sad look on his face and he was making my mommy unhappy, I could tell.

      "Sorry, momma." I mumbled, before turning to head back to where daddy was waiting. I didn't like that room, it felt sad. There were a lot of people there, just waiting. It made me unhappy. I didn't want to go back, it was too quiet there. All the nurses where too cheerful, it was really scary. So I hid behind a big desk thing, and listened to mommy and the man's conversation. Mommy said it was a sin to eavesdrop, but my curiosity was itching me to stay. Momma told me curiosity killed the cat, but I told her I didn't think I was a cat. 

     The man looked sorry, but I didn't know what he was sorry for. "Ma'am, I'm just going to give this to you straight, I'm afraid your daughter has severe mental, umm, disabilities. To put it simply, I believe your daughter is insane. Although, I am not a psychiatrist, and I can not tell you for sure, but there is no other explanation for your daughters behavior."

     "You say you wouldn't know for sure, but yet you diagnose my daughter anyways?" My mother asked, angry with the white coat man.

     The man sighed, "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out, ma'am."

      "What does that mean, than? How do I know for sure? I mean, what if there is a chance she's not? How does this- how? My baby, oh my.." Mommy was almost crying now, and she looked like she was going to fall down. I wanted to run out and hug her, but she told me to go back to daddy, so I couldn't do that unless I wanted to get in trouble, which I didn't. So I ran to the waiting room, with it's white walls, and sad faces, faster than I had ever run before.

     "Daddy, daddy! Daddy, mommy needs you!" I yelled, out of breath while I skidded into the room, and fell into my daddy's lap.

      "What's the matter, sweety? What happened?" My daddy asked me.

      "Mommy. Mommy's crying, daddy! Go help mommy, find out what's wrong with her!" I commanded him and he nodded. He looked worried, almost a mirror of what mommy looked like.

     "Ma'am, can you watch my little girl for me? I need to go talk to my wife." Daddy said to the nurse behind the counter and she nodded, looking sympathetic at daddy. I would soon grow to hate that look, for I would see it pointed at me more than on one occasion. It would turn into the only emotion people felt for me, me an my family. The pathetic mix of sympathy and pity.

     After a little while, and mommy and daddy still hadn't come back, I got tired of waiting. I started to walk towards where they were, when the lady at the counter asked me to stay where I was, so I ran. She wasn't the only thing I was running from. I was running from the fear, the sadness, and the longing. I didn't know it would be so much worse when I got to where I was going.

     When I got to the corner, I stopped, so my parents wouldn't see me. I thought if they saw me, they would take me back to the waiting room, and they wouldn't let me hear what was going on.

      "So, what can we do to help her? Is there anything we can do?" I heard my daddy asking someone, probably the white coat man.

      "Well, you could put her in a mental hospital, not an extreme one, just a small one. It would help her a little, it most definitely wouldn't make things worse." The white coat man told my father and I heard daddy sigh in frustration.

      "Can't we just keep her with us? She's not that bad is she? I mean, she's only three for heaven sakes! I just, I don't want her to think anything is wrong. I don't want either of my baby's to feel any different." My mommy said frantically. I winced, mommy was always so strong, so was daddy. But they sounded so weak right now.

      "You could do that, but she may never get better. Also, if her condition worsens, or people find her a threat to them, they will try to put her in a hospital," He said, then lowered his voice. "Look, I know some people believe that insane people actually just have demons inside of them, and they pay big money for people to just scam them. It's a complete waste of time, and waste of hope. Your daughter, well she probably won't change from this, I've only ever heard of a rare case where someone insane becomes well enough to be considered sane again. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's not likely. But even then, if that happens, life would never be easy for her or your family. Please take my advice, and just learn to live with it."

      "Our daughter will stay with us, then, and I appreciate the advice, Dr. Franklin, we will do the best we can. But I assure you, Doctor, we will never give up hope." My mother always had the last word, so with that she turned away to get Avery released to go home.

     There was no point in staying here anymore, so I slowly walked back to the waiting room. That's all I would ever do after this, is wait. I don't know how I knew, but it seemed obvious that nothing would ever be the same for me again.

      This was the day I grew up, faster then any other six year old. This was the day when I learned to not care so much about the little things. The day I realized there was more important things then barbie dolls, or pretty things.

      The day I found out my little sister was crazy.

A/N: Hey, guys. I just wanted to mention I don't know anything about how they would go about doing things like that, I mean diagnosing people with insanity or whatever. Honestly, this probably does not have much truth to it at all. I'll have to look it up, and then I will go back and fix it. Thanks for reading!