The Conjuring 2

They walked into Junk N' Stuff while joking and just chatting like friends along the way. When they got to the elevator, they sighed and accepted their fate of screaming the whole way down even if they've been working there for years.

Charlotte clutched Henry's hand firmly before stepping in, it surprised him but he still let on. They didn't scream as loud because they were in it together and it would end eventually. After about 30 seconds they arrived and walked to the small theater room. 

It used to be Ray's favorite place in the Man Cave because he was obsessed with the Avengers Movies, but then he just lost interest and the luxurious theatre room was left untouched, until today. It had a 7 foot wide screen and a cozy couch with only one fuzzy blanket.

They looked at each other, knowing what was gonna happen. Charlotte put on her competitive smile again and Henry said, "It's so on."

Both of them set the popcorn down at the coffee table and fought for the blanket. They were pulling it for about 2 minutes then Henry tickled Charlotte in the stomach which caused her to let go and try to slap his hand off while laughing, "Hen-Henry, stoooop! I hate being tickled! Haha-hah- stooop!"

After a while, she started tickling him as well, they ended up having a cute tickling contest and ended up with tears in their eyes from laughing and exhausted bodies. They ended up snuggling close to each other and sharing the blanket because none of them gave in.

"Okay, so what do you wanna watch?" Henry asked, finally relaxing on the purple velvet sofa.

Charlotte thought for a while and said, "The Conjuring 2. I usually don't watch scary movies but let's give it a try. And Piper's friend, Marla's cousin said it was amazing."

"Sure, I'm not really scared of anything so it's okay." Henry calmly replied, switching Netflix on.

Five minutes into the movie, Charlotte was already a little scared and Henry could tell how tense her body was curled up in a ball, so he had his arm protectively around her.

When the baby boy sends his toy inside the tent (play house) and it comes back, Charlotte shivered and grabbed Henry's other arms. She was obviously terrified but didn't say anything.

"Char, we don't have to watch that, it's scary." Henry frowned, trying to make eye contact with her.

Charlotte shook her head and kept her eyes glued to the screen, "No... it's fine."

Her palms were sweating for several times and she flinched at several scenes. Henry told her they can watch another movie but she insisted to watch The Conjuring 2.

But when the scene where Lorraine in her vision encounters the demon and the demon comes out of the painting, she buried her face in Henry's chest, just sobbing softly, shaking like a leaf and hugged his arm.

He winced at the horrifying scene and turned it off immediately. He looked at Charlotte, she was shaking like she's in the North Pole. "Hey... hey... it's okay. We're okay. It's just a movie... shh..."

"It looked s-so real..." Charlotte whispered, still shivering.

Henry rubbed her back and said in a soft tone, "It's fake, Char, it's fake."

"We shouldn't have w-watched that." She admitted.

He convinced her by saying, "You're never watching a scary movie without me every again, okay?"

She nodded slightly and leaned on his chest, looking at him in the eyes. His Hazel eye met her dark brown ones. He wanted to kiss her so badly but now wasn't a good time, tears were falling to her cheeks non-stop as he tried to brush them away and stroking her dark chocolate colored curls, comforting her.

"Hen?" Charlotte said, still lost in his eyes.

Henry replied quietly, "Yeah?"

"Can you- can you stay with me tonight? I'll get nightmares." she asked. 

Henry has never seen this soft side of Charlotte, it seemed so new to him as she always looked so strong and tough. He genuinely felt she was scared and needed emotional support. He didn't even know why she requested to turn of the movie so he answered, 

"Yeah, of course."

She cuddled up close to his body and made herself comfortable, lying her head on his chest. Henry wrapped his arm around her and the blanket kept them feeling warm and cozy.

A/N:

Hope you liked that! I dunno if that was cute or just pure cringe, comment your thoughts if you wanna. And are you guys Team Chenry or Henlotte? I like both ship names but I named this a Chenry story cause I think the name Chenry is more heard and popular I guess?

Thank you so much for reading this!

Hint for next chapter: Texts