The elevator ride.

Hey, hey hold the elevator." A male's voice was heard.

The platinum blonde female inside of the elevator flinched when she heard that very familiar voice.

"Oh god it's Naruto." She thought.

She hastily tried to close the elevator door before he got there but Naruto made it just in time.

"Hey, that was pretty low trying to keep me from getting in the elevator." He started. "Oh, it's you Ino, never mind then."

"Well hello to you too Naruto. I'm sorry about that, my hand slipped." She grinned.

"Yeah, right, whatever." He brushed her off.

"What floor are you going to?" Ino asked him.

"I'm going to the seventeenth floor." He answered.

She pressed the button for him and leaned herself up against the wall of the elevator.

"So how's it going Naruto?" She decided to make a little small-talk.

"Oh you know same old, same old." He answered. "How about you?"

She opened her mouth to say something but suddenly the elevator came to a halting stop. She held on to the wall for support. The lights began to flicker off and on.

"What the hell?"

"Looks like we're stuck." Naruto spoke.

"Damn, hey I know I'll use the emergency call button. Someone has to know that we're stuck in here."

The blue-eyed female pressed the button. She waited for awhile but soon a male's voice was heard.

"Yo."

"Kiba!" She immediately recognized his voice. "Send someone to get Naruto and I out of this elevator. Naruto, what floor did we get stuck on? Do you remember?" She asked.

Before the whisker-faced male could answer Kiba spoke again.

"We can't..." he started.

"What the hell?" Ino screeched. Naruto was now holding his ears so he could block out her scream. "Kiba, you send someone right now we're stuck."

'Listen I hear ya Ino, but I'm afraid you guys are going to have to wait it out. There are power shortages and other problems going around the building. So I'm sorry but you'll just have to sit tight until we can get you guys out. I have to run, just stay cool okay."

"But...but..."

Before she finished her sentence Kiba was long gone. A frustrated sigh escaped her .

"Stupid, useless idiots." She shouted out.

"Ino calm down okay." Naruto told her. "We might be here for awhile so it's no use getting upset."

The blond male sat down. Ino soon nodded and sat down as well.

"Yeah, you're probably right. This sucks though."

"I agree. Guess we're just having a bad day huh." Naruto said.

"I guess we are. First I was running late to work, I nearly got ran down on my way into the building. I got screamed at by Tsunade-sama, and I never did get my coffee." She sighed. "Now I'm stuck here in this elevator for god knows how long.

"That's nothing. I didn't get screamed at but I did get hit. Baa-chan hit me not once, but three times."

Ino looked over to the blue-eyed male.

"Oh, gee I'm sorry Naruto. Are you alright?"

"Yeah." He grinned. "Nothing a little ramen couldn't cure. Besides it didn't hurt nearly as much as it usually does. I think Baa-chan is getting soft in her old age."