Y4•+*..The Second Task & a reconciliation..

Start from the beginning

Y/N turned to glare at him and Harry's mouth slightly parted. He swallowed hard and got up, leaving the great hall quickly.

Y/N wanted to call out to him as she watched him leave but he had already left. She sighed and got up, ignoring Malfoy.

"Come on, Ron." she said, and Ron immediately got up and off his seat as he walked beside her.

"I'm really sorry Y/N,"

"You don't have to apologize Ron. It wasn't your fault and I don't even know why you're apologizing."

"I should've warned you —"

"Malfoy is a complete asshole and Harry is being the most stubborn boy I have ever met!" she yelled the last part out and many heads turned to look at her.

Y/N felt like yelling at the top of her lungs the rest of that day. She and Ron made it to Gryffindor tower, she looked around and as she had thought Harry wasn't there.

"Well, I'm going to take a nap now. I'll see you later," Ron yawned.

Y/N smiled, and nodded. "Sure,"

Ron smiled back and climbed up to the boys dormitory.

Y/N sat down on an armchair, and threw her head back in exhaustion. She grabbed a nearby pillow and rested her head on it.

She didn't know if she had fallen asleep, all she knew was that her eyes opened with a start as the portrait hole swung open and footsteps neared.

She turned to look and saw Harry, his messy hair covered in snow and his cheeks bright pink.

He caught sight of Y/N, but quickly looked away. He sat near the fire, a few feet away from Y/N.

"Where were you?" said Y/N hesitantly.

"I went for a walk," Harry muttered, he held his hands up to his mouth and blew, rubbing them.

Y/N watched him, she let out a frustrated sigh as she rolled her eyes stubbornly.

"Out in this weather?" Y/N said, sitting a foot away from him.

"It's not that cold," Harry responded dryly.

"Right," Y/N let out a bitter chuckle. "I'm in here freezing."

"Guess the cold is not for the weak," said Harry, facing her.

Y/N turned to glare at him. "Your hands are red."

Harry looked at his hands and hid them in his pockets.

"Your teeth are chattering too," Y/N pointed out.

Harry ignored her and scooted closer to the fire.

"Give me your hand,"

"What?" Harry said, frowning.

"Your hand," Y/N repeated.

"What for?"

"Body heat helps," Y/N said casually.

"I don't — need it," Harry let out a slight tremble.

"Don't be ridiculous," Y/N snapped and grabbed his hands.

Harry tried to get the strength to fight back but how could he when her hands perfectly intertwined with his and a spark was sent through him as soon as they made contact?

"You'll be warm soon," Y/N said as she clutched onto his hands gently.

Harry slightly trembled again but he allowed Y/N to grab onto his hands. They both sat in front of the fire, their bodies facing each other but their faces facing the opposite direction. Or at least, that was Y/N's case.