"I'll do it. It's fine."

"Lemme do some calculations real quick," Pope says, standing up and shuffling for some clear paper. "So, that boat's about 30 feet down, right? So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. Which means you need to make your safety stop about..."

"Looks like the math team does come in handy," Marty jokes.

"...Ten feet. All right? For two minutes."

Suddenly, Kiara strips off her t-shirt and walks off the boat.

"Uh..." John B lets his mouth drop.

"What was that all about?" Pope asks, watching the girl swim below the depths.

"I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." JJ admits, side-eyeing Martha. She nods along with him, unbothered by his comment. He smiles at her, knowing that she is way too good for him.

"Alrighty, let's do it." John B clears his throat.

"Yeah. Uh, when you— uh, when you're down there, you look for the cargo hold." JJ begins, lifting up a makeshift key. "You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, okay?"

"Hey! I tied my t-shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down." Kiara says as she pops her head back up above the waves. "It's where you need to do your safety stop."

John B nods as he is bombarded by information from Pope. Martha bites on her lip nervously as she watches him try to take in and remember everything.

"How much do I need?" He asks again.

"Unclear. Breathe as little as possible."

John B connects his eyes with Martha as she laughs at his face.

"Zen, man. Think Zen, you know?" JJ follows up, imitating short breathing patterns.

John B agrees and makes his way to the front of the bow. Marty can tell he's nervous.

"Hey, if we get caught out here in the marsh, we're basically screwed, so..." Pope begins, watching as a drenched Kiara makes her way up to John B and kisses him on the cheek. "...Better get a move on."

Marty, JJ, and Pope lock eyes with each other, as Kie and JB longingly look at each other. They all look away as she turns back around, "diver down." Martha watches as John B jumps off the boat, splashing into the water, and slowly submerges.

"Kie, what was that about?" Martha quietly asks the curly brunette as she makes her way over. The girl shrugs her off, "nothing, Martha."

"Okay.." Martha mumbles, walking back over to where JJ stood.

A siren whoops behind them, gaining the attention of everyone on board. "Shit, JJ," Pope announces.

The blond boy turns around to see the Sheriff. He feels Martha's body leaning into his, so he wraps an arm around her. "Guys, that's the police," he deems, tightening his hold around Marty's hips.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me," Pope complains.

"Just act, frickin' normal," Kiara says, pushing her hair out of her face and straightening her posture.

The siren blares one more time before the incoming boat makes its way parallel to the HMS POGUE. "Evening, officers," Pope states out of nervousness.

"Evening, here." A woman officer hands Pope some rope, which is then thrown to JJ to tie it. He quickly does so before returning to Martha, and her obviously anxious state.

"How you kids doing? You know the marsh is closed?" The deputy asks.

An absorbent of "no"s comes from the teenagers, and Martha shakes her head. "I didn't know that," JJ lies, trying to get Martha to calm down. "Why— why is it closed?"