Addie Comes to Town

*around the beginning of season 10 while Meredith and Derek were still on mat/pat-ernity leave*

Addison struts up to the beautiful house. She had been there before but that was before the house was built, when there was just empty space and a cramped trailer. She was only mildly bitter that Meredith had gotten out of living in the trailer. But the past was in the past and it was all just water under the bridge. 

She reaches the door and presses hard on the doorbell. There was some talking behind the door that she couldn't make out. After a long period of time, the door finally swings open.

"Addison?" Derek asked confused. He looked like a mess. Of course he was extremely handsome as always, but now there were stains on his clothes and his hair was pointing in all directions. He had deep bags under his eyes and he looked exhausted. "What are you doing here?"

"What, I cant check in on my ex-husband" She looks over his shoulder to peer into the house, it looked just as disgruntled as he did.

"Addie. I haven't slept in three days. What do you want?" He sighed.

"Why haven't you slept in three days?"

He took a step back to give her a full few of the house. He waved his hand around and said exasperatedly, "children."

Addison takes this as an invitation into the house and saunters in. She stares at the piles of toys and baby supplies and turns back at Derek. With an exited tone, "You have children!? Where are they? how many?

Derek scratched his head and says, "There's two of them, Zola and Bailey. Zola is three and Bailey is 4 weeks.  They are in the playroom with Meredith."

Derek leads Addison to the playroom, which was just as much of a disaster as the rest of the house. In there, Meredith was playing with Zola while simultaneously rocking Bailey in his carrier. Meredith looks up at the guest, not particularly processing what was going on, "Hey Addison." She says in a sleepy tone.

Addison walked towards the children, and took Meredith's place playing with the children. Meredith stands up and places herself next to her husband. They share an exhausted look. Meredith grabs his hand and leads him out of the playroom. They walk into their bedroom and lay down on the bed. Within seconds they both were fast asleep.

After several hours, Meredith's eyes shot open. 

"Derek" Meredith yelled while hitting him lightly.

"Wha-what?" He responded, still groggy.

"Where are the children!?" 

"What?" Derek asked confused.

"We have two kids. Where are they?"

He sits up and looks around the room. He gets quickly out of bed and rushes to the kitchen, Meredith soon follows after.

"So did you two have a nice nap?" Addison said while spoon feeding Zola. 

Meredith and Derek look around at their clean and organized house in disbelief. Meredith turns back to Addison with wide thankful eyes.

"Well. You stole my husband, so I thought I'd steal your kids for a day." Addison says with a grin.

Meredith walks around the kitchen island and wraps her arms around the woman. "Thank you."