Chapter 10 - Echo Idol

Start from the beginning

"Yeah?"

Kaguya hugged him. "Tell me. Who's Kurumi?"

He took a deep breath. "It's a complicated matter."

"Come on. You can tell me. It's just me and you." She smirked.

"Well Kaguya, before I met you on the island and all, she was a girl I was trying to make my girlfriend. She dropped out of school and I haven't seen her since. She's a spirit too and I wanted to save her. But she didn't want me or to be saved. So here I am."

"Hey." She pouted. "That's not true.

"What do you mean?" He looked at her in confusion.

"Listen. I'm here to help you. Just as much as Shido wants to help Miku. So why haven't you gotten back out there?" She didn't know the whole story.

"I have. When the day was over and I finished homework I took a few long walks around the city. Even close to the parts you don't want to be at late at night. And with that, still I couldn't find her. Not a sight of her. I don't know where she went, where she is, or what's on her mind. But something tells me if she wanted to make it work she have found me by now. It's not hard to find me."

Kaguya was saddened. "It's not." She hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry."

"Hey now." He cracked a smile. "No need. Next step is making sure Shido gets this girl dressing phenomenon thing to work. Uhhh," sighing with unease. "God help me."

"I just wanted to say thank you. You helped me and Yuzuru so much. And if she ever does pop up again, go for it. If you can help all of us here, I'm sure you can help her. I want to meet her. I won't hurt her though." Kaguya giggled.

"She's killed thousands and thousands of people. I don't know if you would want to do anything to begin with."

"My goodness. I don't even think Yami could beat that." She shivered.

"Nonetheless that's her. It's a shame because she's beautiful. You wouldn't think that face would be responsible for so much tragedy. But she is. The spacialquakes she might have caused. I don't even want to begin. Her Angel, her powers. Everything. I'm intimidated, scared, but I just want to do what's right. I think I gave up on it but it's been exhausting."

"Nothing we can do but try. You're waiting but not going all the way in a different direction to go for it."

"I guess so. But thanks Kaguya. This was nice."

"Totally. Now you can get better. Cheer up. The school festivals are here, we're as maids, and everyone has been chill. What could go wrong?"

~~~~~

The funny thing is, Kaguya doesn't know the full picture. Neither did anyone. There was always something up. Whether Kotori knew or not who had most of the information, or a new spirit that caused trouble.   

Along with Shido dressing in drag and entering an enhanced persona as Shiori, he picked up on a few things. One of them being the the new spirit known as "Phantom" referred to "Wizards" after Shido wasn't under this controlling spell that the spirit possessed. She can mind control females while using a certain tone of voice.

Sure enough there was another organization that was for taking down spirits. Using special agents, high technology equipment, and the same goal in mind. Killing spirits with no alternative. The only difference was AST cared about their civilians. This organization Deus Ex Machina or DEM was more ruthless. They were much colder and aggressive. 

And to bring everyone on edge, Miku knew DEM was trying to take her out. No one else did. Not even Kotori the Commander. This was more of a terrorist organization if anything. Even the AST was being hunted by the so called Wizards. And at that point it was more than spirits. It was about power. These people, were cruel monsters of mankind. They were flatliners. 

There seemed to be a three way battle going on between the spirit side, DEM, and Miku herself being a stuborn, spoiled brat that she is. In protection from the battle inside a stadium they were holding the school festival concert in Tohka hurled (FN) and Shido airmail outside a hole in the roof of the stadium. Basically it could have thrown him to the stratosphere. Just throwing him as hard as she can to get him to safety. They didn't have any battle tactics. 

The city was hypnotized by Miku's charming spell. They were almost like zombies as the battle was commencing. It was also crazy that Tohka was in danger, Kotori was heavily worried which was rare, and there was never a problem facing in two separate directions including with the discovery of the twins. The fact that all the spirits are now under control by her or the Wizards are making everything so tense.

Once getting situated (FN) dusted himself in what appeared to be an empty building downtown. He looked outside the glass to see the people walking around slowly holding purple glowsticks. Also seeing the battle in the sky. Currently he felt hopeless and needed to snap out of it. 

"Damn. What do I do now?" He thought out loud to himself. "The ground, the sky, and even the schools aren't safe."

Just then he heard a giggle. This was going to be very interesting. (FN) swore he had heard before. Too well in fact. He flinched and backed up while on guard. "Who's there?" 

A shadow appeared at the wall. Through that black, purple, and red abyss of a portal came out walking a female figure. There could only be one that has the ability to pull that off. "Ara-ara. Well Darling, you looked like someone just gave you a death sentence. How can I help?"

"Kurumi..." (FN) gasped. "I thought-"

"You thought what?" She smirked.

"I thought I wouldn't see you again. I tried looking. All over the place." A tear fell from his eye. She could see the silver drip run down his cheek. 

"You're so worked up. What's the matter?"

"I failed on you and now I'm failing on the brother, sister, and friends. I'm falling apart here." 

"Now there. Let's get to brass tacks. I know what that new spirit is doing, DEM is butting in, and you look in shambles Darling. You look oh so hurt."

"I don't need anymore damage. My heart can't take it." He closed his eyes.

"And that's why I'm here." She nodded.

"You're not under control of Miku. You're too powerful for that sort of trick. Am I right?" (FN) asked trying to gain a plan to go forward.

"Go on." She smirked.

"Did you come here to help me? Or did you want to break my heart again?"

"Now-now. One thing at a time. First off there was too much going on to talk things through in that regard. Yes it is on me. Second, very good knowing that I am too good for the ability from that brat. With that said (FN), what's your plan going on from here? Big man have an idea?" She batted her lashes at him. 

"I'll be completely honest with you. As much as I hate admitting it I have to be truthful so we can move forward. I don't have a plan."

Kurumi giggled. "Well it's a good thing that I do. I guess what's first?"

"What?" 

"We're going to grab your step brother and he's going to play third wheel on our date. A break in on the big manor uptown. We have to know the enemy first. It all will serve a purpose. So you ready? Or am I going to assist somewhere else?" With all the havoc outside the building and in the streets, Kurumi made this scary and terrifying night have a a bright side. 

"No. Let's have this date. And hopefully one day I can make it up to you."

The only thing he didn't know is I was watching him the whole time and he didn't ask a question then. He did later on but that's beside the point. (FN) agreed and we were set for the break in and maybe a little bit of looting too. And yes even though I did a horrible thing to him, we were together again long past due. A confession and all. And even if he didn't hang the lock on that bridge, be was still the metal to the armor I would need to come. And from here I knew that if he didn't want to look down on himself, he was going to take point down the line. 

~~~~~

Take the lead Bossman

-Rel