Chapter 14: I Saw Forever

Start from the beginning

I covered my face with my hands and laughed, "You're making this really difficult."

"Your stupid rule, not mine." He was just barely leaning over me now, and I felt his hands graze the side of my leg. I wore one of his long sleeve tunics, so my legs were bare from the knee down and every touch of his fingers sent a chill down my spine. I uncovered my face just to be met with his blazing hazel eyes only an inch from mine. I arched a brow, "Hi, can I help you?"

"Yes, in fact you can," He leaned in and brushed his lips over mine; that whisper of a kiss had me sucking in a short breath. "You see, you keep biting your bottom lip and it's very distracting."

I chuckled and bit my lip out of reflex. Azriel groaned, and let his lips hover just above mine. "So how am I supposed to help you with that?" I whispered, his full breaths falling against my lips in waves. "You should just let me bite it for you." He leaned in and nicked my bottom lip with his teeth before sweeping his tongue across it.

"Are you fully satisfied now?" I asked, well more like gasped.

"Not even remotely." His voice dropped an octave as he pushed my knees apart, settling on top of me. He started kissing over the marks on my neck, letting his tongue make appearances every now and then. He pulled down the top of my--his shirt, and kissed a path over my now exposed shoulder. Coming back, he kissed up my neck, to my jaw, then finally settled on my lips.

We sat there for a few minutes, just kissing and some subtle touching but nothing came from it. Azriel pulled away from my lips and nuzzled his face into my chest. He let his wings fall behind him, gently hitting the floor and the back of the couch. I let my hands fall to his hair and ran my fingers through it, gently kissing the top of his head. "The night you'd made that promise to come back safely, was the night I realized I was in love with you," I whispered, trying to ignore the hammering of my heart as I stroked his hair. "When you told me you'd never made that promise to anyone before, I lost it. The way you looked at me, the way you held me, I couldn't bear picturing a single day without you from that point on. You became everything to me." He tucked one arm under my waist while the other began making lazy strokes up and down my forearm.

"I knew I was in love with you, that night I came back here drunk with Rhys and Cass," he stifled a laugh on my chest,  "I was so drunk at one point, that I hadn't realized my mental shields were down and that never happens. I was so consumed by thoughts of you, I didn't care who knew it and Rhys, the asshole, went into my mind and blurted it out in front of Cassian. I didn't know what to do; you had only been here less than a few months and I didn't want to scare you away. Not having you as even a friend would have killed me."  I smiled, gently pulling his head from my chest to kiss him once.

We switched positions on the couch so that I was curled up to him now and letting his hands brush along my thighs. Nuzzling into his chest, I managed to drape one leg over him, completely attaching myself to his side. He kissed the top of my head and started playing with my hair, "The night I realized it was more than love, that you were my mate, is a completely different story."

"Tell me about it. I want to know how this whole thing works, aside from this insane sex frenzy bit...which I'm not complaining about by the way."

He pinched at my thigh and laughed, "Well I'm glad you have no complaints."

"Not a one." I sighed, sinking into him more than I already was.

"When a mating bond is formed, it takes a while for it to snap for both sides. For males it's easier for us to notice it, but for females it typically snaps into place during sex."

"Which would make sense as to why it was so intense between us last night." I said.

"I'd also like to believe that it was because I'm just that fantastic in bed."