Chapter 14: I Saw Forever

Bliss. Pure, utter bliss. That's really the only way I know how to describe how I'm feeling right now.

He's my mate.

I'm his mate.

Holy shit.

Az and I spent the remainder of the night tangled in each other, making love slow and unhurried; reveling in this complete state of euphoria. It was like we couldn't get enough. We'd be fully spent, sweating and gasping for air when a simple touch from the other suddenly gave us the energy to be at it again within minutes.

Azriel on this crazy mating bond sex binge is something else. He's wild and untamed, hungry for any kind of contact I'll give him and it's so fucking hot. Last night we made love, but today we fucked. Both equally as passionate, but in such different ways, and on so many different surfaces in this house.

Even when we had finally found it necessary to venture downstairs to eat, we didn't last more than 15 minutes before the sight of Az's naked torso, gleaming with sweat in the sunlight of the kitchen had me starving for anything but food. He finally took me on the kitchen table that he's been so eager to try and get me naked on for weeks. This side of him was so raw and unhinged, I couldn't keep my hands off of him even if I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, I love my sweet, sarcastic, Shadowsinger more than anything but this? This was fun.

By late afternoon we were both so exhausted, especially me given the fact that I don't have the bounce back time like a certain someone. Az and I were sitting on opposite ends of the couch, trying our best to maintain a solid distance for at least another hour. It was comical really, seeing the light in his eyes darken as he watched my lips while I spoke, his fingers curling into a fist on the back of the couch when I'd throw my head back and laugh, exposing the bite marks he'd left there. I found that I was torturing myself just the same, as I watched those hands of his toying with the seam of the couch, knowing damn well what those long scarred fingers were capable of.

"Are you even listening to me?" I peeled my eyes away from his hands and was faced with a smirking Azriel.

"You weren't even talking."

"Yes I was. I was talking about the last war." He said with a hint of a smile curling on his lips. I narrowed my eyes and clicked my tongue, "No you most certainly were not. You've already told me about the war," I sat up straighter on the couch, still keeping my sharp gaze on him, "You're a terrible liar. You just want me to feel bad for not listening to you so I'll come over there and break my own rule." He shifted on the couch, leaning more towards me. "It's a stupid rule really and rules are meant to be broken on occasion."

"So you admit it! You weren't talking about anything!"

"No, I just think there's no reason why we need to be sitting 3 feet away from each other. I think it's going against nature to be that far away from my mate while she's in the same room as me." he inched forward slightly, watching me as I sat myself more upright. His eyes were bright, nowhere near as lustful as they'd been for most of today.

"I mean I'm fully capable of sitting close to you, it's you I worry about. You can't seem to keep your hands off me." I shot him a satisfying smirk as he rolled his eyes.

"Last I recall, it was you who initiated the last time, and the time before that. Something about 'my ass being too good not to touch.'"

He got me there. It was true though, his ass was too good not to touch. I told him that when I first got to Velaris, I would watch him leave rooms just so I could stare at his lovely behind in his Illyrian fighting leathers. Football pants have nothing on those bad boys.