ᴍᴇɢᴜᴍɪ x ғ! ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ғʟᴜғғ

Start from the beginning

Which you were, considering your occupation, thankful enough for. You ordered one just the way you like it and another one for Megumi. Since you had no idea how he enjoyed his coffee you just went with a plain black coffee, you had a hunch that he would enjoy it that way most.

Though if that would not be the case you had taken a sugar packet, so he would be able to sweeten his coffee to his liking.

With two hot steaming mugs of coffee, you walked back to the dormitories. As you stood before Megumi's dorm room you started to feel a little tingle of nervousness and it was not due to being shy nor because you had any trouble talking to new people. Quite the contrary actually, you usually were an easy-going person and you had no quarrel talking to others most of the time, you just often felt like doing so.

But somehow...

It was different with Megumi. When you usually did not care about what others thought of you or how you were perceived you did care about what Megumi thought of you. You often caught yourself staring at him during theory lessons and subtly checking your own appearance around him.

Perhaps it was his handsome looks which made your mouth go dry and your brain blank out when talking to him or his deep and soothing voice which made everything sound interesting or maybe it was his deeply caring and understanding character.

But the fact that your nervousness didn't ease up remained and overthinking your current predicament would not change anything at all. In a rather pathetic attempt to calm down you took a deep breath and knocked carefully on his doors. A part of you wished selfishly he wouldn't open up to avoid talking to him, the other part on the other hand longed to see and hear him.

The clicking sound of the opening door pulled you out of your train of thoughts and before you stood a sleepy Megumi lightly scratching his neck, clad in comfortable looking gray sweats and a simple black shirt, his gaze directed to the ground.

It seemed that you had just woken him from a nap and by the way his eyebrows furrowed, he seemed irritated at the interruption of his rest.

"Yuji, I already told you to–" Megumi started to speak, his voice a little bit raspy, presumably because he just awoke from his sleep.

At the sight of you instead of presumely Yuji he stopped talking mid-sentence, a flash of surprise washed over his face. Meanwhile it took all in you not to blush at the sound of his deep and soothing voice. Paired with the little raspiness he sounded too attractive for your feeble and stressed mind to comprehend.

His slightly disheveled hair did not help your situation at all.

"Oh [Name] it's you.", his eyebrows lowered and his posture shifted into a more relaxed one, "I'm sorry for lashing out", he apologized,"I just thought you were–"

"No no it's okay really, don't worry.", you hastily interrupted his apology and quickly reassured him. "I am sorry if i disturbed your sleep."

"Ah no don't worry it's fine.. I was just about to wake up anyway.", he stated. After a tense and awkward silence passed, Megumi hesitantly started to ask, "Is there...anything I can help you with?"

"Uh, actually yes...I need some help with my studies and homework", you hesitantly listed, "I asked Yuji already but he didn't seem to understand it himself and Nobara is out with the 2nd years on a mission. And well", you laughed nervously, "Gojo-sensei is as busy as he always is. So, I was hoping that maybe you could help me?" you half questioned, sounding unsure towards the end of your request.

"Besides you are probably the smartest one out of us all.", you quietly added.

You weren't sure whether he heard the last comment or not but you could swear that you saw a flash of surprise on his face.