King's Ceremony

King's Ceremony 

Chapter Two

Part One

Today is the first battle. It may even be the last day of my life. Abi said that I was the only girl and element so I had somewhat of a chance. When you fought, you wore something formal. I had white strapless dress to my knees, a gold band wrapped at my belly button. My hair was pinned in a pony tail, another gold band, but instead it was around my head. I was wearing gold sandals to my lower knee.

"Friday, good luck." Abi said, pulling me into a hug. I've only known her for three days, but she felt like a family member. She released me and I gave a tiny smile to Duke. 

"You look, uh, like a Goddess." He smiled back, I nodded at him. Sighing, I said goodbye to Abi and Duke. 

Two men led me through a white hallway, to a chestnut door. They were mumbling about my age and gender, making me nervous. The bald one opened the door and I stepped into the sunlight. There was sand on the floor, rocky walls and above benches filled with screaming people. A small box with a glass window faced me. The King, Queen and Prince were in it. 

The Queen's face lit up in surprise when she saw me and said something to the excited King. My eyes barely caught with the Prince's, but he looked away, facing a maid. A similar door across me swung open and a buff man stepped in the arena. 

The bell rang, meaning for the fighting to start. The man, who I'll call Jared, pulled out a long and narrow sword. We inched towards each other, him smirking wider. 

"Well," He spoke with an Irish accent, "This will be easy." 

"Damn right it will." I retorted, smirking myself. The cheers grew louder as he swung the sword at me. I dodged to the left, spinning on my heel for effect.

He raised his bushy eyebrows and jumped towards me. I threw a punch and he stumbled back.  When he got his balance he kicked me. I hit the ground and winced. He's coming! I stood back up as he began speaking, "Like I said, easy."  

Jared put the sword in front of him, ready to throw it at me. I put my arms in front, palms facing him. Force. Fire shot from my hands, hitting him. He shouted and cussed, falling to the ground. 

"Surrender! I surrender!" Jared screamed at the beller. The bell rang and I closed my fists, huffing a breath of air. The claps boomed, along with cheers. It was loud to an extreme. Most of the noise from from my heart beating.