Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

When they arrived at John B's house, the group of friends laid on the hammocks outside of John B's house. Kiara and Pope were sharing one. Hope smirked at Pope knowing his crush for Kiara, and he looked embarrassed. John B was on one by himself. And JJ and Hope were sharing one hammock since there weren't any hammocks left. JJ had his arm over Hope's shoulder, and she had her head resting on his chest. Hope knew she would have told JJ to put his arm away, so he wouldn't get any ideas about them, but for some reason, she didn't.

The friends were quiet for a time until Pope talked breaking the silence. "You really think it's out there? Like, no bullshit?" he asked his friends.

He still wasn't sure if there was actual gold, and if there was, he thought they would be the last people who could find it. Pope was a realist after all, and they were lowlife teenagers pogues. Them finding the Royal merchant was unrealistic according to his statistics.

"My father thought it was," replied John B after few seconds of silence.

"But do you?" Pope asked, insisting.

John B shrugged his shoulders. "After hearing his voice on that tape...  I think I do."

"Well, there is only one way to find out anyway," Hope said.

"Look, we're gonna find it, you know? We have a powerful tribrid on our side, and even JJ believes." Kiara joked lightly.

She had warmed up to Hope finally, though it was difficult at first. Kiara wasn't welcoming to Kooks or other people in general in their group ever since what happened with Sarah. Through Hope didn't know much about it, she just knew the two girls used to be friends, and something happened that caused the two to loathe each other. But this wasn't any of Hope's businesses anyway.

"Oh, my God, JJ, do you really believe?" asked John B. Hope laughed lightly at the way he talked to JJ.  

"Totally. Wait," said JJ confused. "Are we talking about four mils?" 

"Four hundred mil." Pope and Hope replied to JJ at the same time.

"Jinx," said Kiara.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks," JJ announced before closing his eyes. This made Kiara and Hope chuckle at the blonde boy. "Good night, Bird!" JJ then teased John B.

"Good night, bird shit!" answered back John B. They all snickered at John B's reply. After that, they all fell asleep on the hammocks, excited about tomorrow. Tomorrow they were going to find the gold. (hopefully)

☽ ✮ ☾

The next morning, the teenagers were excited because it was finally the day. It was the day they would find the gold and become filthy rich Kooks. They were going to discover if John B's father really found the Gold Merchant. They were on Heyward's boat, using the equipment they had stolen a few days ago. It took some convincing for the teenagers to persuade Pope's father to allow them to use the boat. They had pleaded that they wanted to take Hope on a ride and show her what was so great about Outer banks, so Heyward couldn't exactly refuse.

"All right, JJ. Pin it here." John B ordered his friend.

"Roger that! X marks the spot." JJ exclaimed from the cabin. He was the one who was driving the boat. Pope was working on the drone. John B was helping Pope and giving them instructions on what to do. Kiara was dealing with the tether. And Hope, well she had nothing to do and didn't know how to really help them. But she was here to help in case she was needed. This made her feel like an intruder right now.