Twenty-Seven.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lucia had sent some gloves for me to wear yesterday. With it getting cold I had to start layering up more. Lucia even offered to line my red cloak with some fur which I was debating on.

I saw Celeste before I saw Court. Celeste came trotting through the snow as Court smiled at me. He had his saddlebags full of food and a small bundle of wood strapped onto the other side of Celeste.

He put his Celeste in his stall with a blanket over him to keep him warm. He threw in a some of the hay he had stored away in the small wooden shed building before coming over.

"Enjoying yourself?" Court asked.

"I am. I never got to see the forest when it snowed." I told him and Court smiled at me as he took the food and wood in. I followed him.

"I got you some more almond flour. You liked it so I purchased some more." Court told me and I smiled. 

"Thank you, Court." He nodded as he turned to me.

"Once Celeste has rested and eaten, I can take you out for a ride and show you around the forest unless you're up for a walk." Court told me.

I looked outside. "I'm up for a walk." I told him.

"Put some warmer clothes on and meet me outside." Court told me and with that we split ways.

I went into the wardrobe and picked out a grey fur lined dress before putting my cloak back on over it and meeting Court outside. He was seated on the steps of the cabin having brushed away the snow.

He turned to me and smiled. He offered his hand which I took as we walked into the woods. Court walked at my pace as we walked through the snow.

"How many winters have you seen out here?" I asked looking over at him.

"This will be my twelfth winter out here. It's quite beautiful here. We can only travel a little, but I'll take you out further one day. There is a beautiful lake by here and it looks gorgeous when frozen over." Court told me and I smiled at him.

"Sounds wonderful." I told him and Court smiled.

I held his hand as we walked through the snow. Each tree is lined with snow and birds sat on them. Most of the wildlife had fled once they heard us. The only one I caught sight of was a doe jumping through the snow.

Court smiled as we made our way through the snow. "What was the wood for?" I asked Court as I looked at his hand which held mine.

"One of the woodsmen's son was selling wood and offered me some. People tend to buy where I have bought so I decided to be nice. Anyways means I don't have to chop any wood for tonight." Court told me and I nodded at that.

We continued walking through the snow. "What are some of your favorite places out here?" 

Court glanced over at me and gave me a smile. "Well, I like the lake here. There is also a nice grove. Looks beautiful when summer and spring come around. All sorts of things grow there. The berry bushes I took you to are nice. There is a lot of pleasant things out here." Court told me as he looked around.

"Would you be able to show me some of them?" I asked.

Court nodded. "Yeah. I'll definitely show you them. We can plan out a day to take Celeste out to the lake and I can show you there. The rest I'd prefer waiting until spring or summer. It's much more beautiful to look at when it isn't covered in snow." Court explained.

I nodded as we walked through the forest together circling around trees. "I assume you've been adjusting well to being here?" Court asked looking over at me.