|| Two ||

In the afternoon, the royal retinue was informed by Talcott of a legend about a sword behind a waterfall. The group figures it was another royal arm and decided to find the waterfall Talcott mentioned. Luckily, they found the entrance and entered greyshire glacial grotto. Fighting daemons and the cold, they trudged through the convoluted layout of the frozen grotto.

After two hours of exploring, it felt as if they were going in circles and hitting the same dead ends. Seeing their pattern, Ignis spoke up. "Noct, if I may..."

"Don't ask," Noctis hissed.

"Yep, we're lost," Gladio confirmed.

"Don't answer!"

"Don't know where we came from, don't know where we're goin'," Prompto said.

Continuing to explore, the royal retinue tried to make sense of their surroundings before proceeding forth. They continued to fight packs of daemons and traverse dangerous terrain while searching for the royal tomb.

Deeper inside greyshire glacial grotto, Prompto noticed a black blur dash by in the corner of his eye. His head snapped in the direction it disappeared in and swallowed nervously. "Wh-What was that?!"

"Jumpin' at shadows again?" Gladio inquired.

"N-No, I saw something! It ran that way!" Prompto pointed in a random direction.

"I didn't see anything," Noctis chimed in.

"I'm not crazy!" The blonde shrieked.

"Then go and take care of it," the shield retorts. "You know where it went."

"No way!"

"Then stop complainin'."

"B-But... Ugh!" Prompto glanced back in the direction the black blur vanished, praying to the Astrals whatever it was it would leave them alone. "We should've brought (Y/n) along..."

"Why's that?" Gladio asked.

"She slew a behemoth by herself!"

"So?"

"So she could help us! I mean, this place is crawling with daemons."

"You gonna make a lady do all the dirty work?" The shield grinned.

"What? No!" Prompto denied.

"I think her attitude is colder than this place," Noctis commented.

"Come now, Noct," Ignis chided. "'Tis possible she has a reason for acting in such a manner."

"Now I wanna ask her..."

"C'mon, Your Highness, get movin'," Gladio said, shoving the raven-haired boy forward.

Noctis shrugged the shield's hand off and proceeded across a narrow icy ledge. He watched each step carefully to avoid slipping with Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis following suit. When the blonde was halfway across, he glanced down. What he saw caused him to become petrified. A lump formed in his throat when noticing the creature's eight eyes were focused on him. "I-It's back!"

Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis followed his line of sight and saw the black creature.