We all watched on, curious looks playing on our faces as we waited for Murphy's head to pop back up.

We waited...waited a few more seconds...waited some more.

My heart now dropped slightly as I took a small step forward. Where the hell was he?

"John?" Emori yelled, the panic leaking through her voice.

"John!" I echoed, now standing at the very edge of the water, my worry increasing.

"Something's wrong." Clarke declared, her eyes scanning the surface of the water.

I turned to Bellamy, my worried eyes meeting his own as he began peeling off his gear, preparing to jump in after Murphy.

Suddenly, Murphy's head popped up, an excited cheer coming from his lips as he pushed his hair back. "Come on in. Water's fine!"

"You idiot!" I chastised, placing a hand over my rapidly beating heart.

Emori wore a frustrated smile. "Oh, who knew cockroaches could swim."

Murphy waded his way toward her. "You want me to teach you?"

"No. John, no." Emori demanded, her eyes widening as she tried to back away from him.

He managed to grab onto her before she could get away, and her protests were soon drowned out as he dragged her into the water.

A smile spread across my face as Jackson opened his mouth to speak, but soon realized his efforts were no good.

"You think that's funny?" Bellamy taunted as he arrived next to me.

My eyes widened as I tried to take a step away. "Bellamy, no." I ordered, sticking my hands out in front of me to stop him. "Don't you dare."

A mischievous look covered his face as he wrapped his arms around me, laughter shaking his body as he pulled us into the water.

"Bellamy!" I screamed, trying to wriggle free from his grasp. It was no use, and soon enough the two of us were soaked from head to toe.

Emori let out a loud laugh as she waded over to me. "Who's laughing now, Aves?"

I tried to fight the smile that came to my face as I shoved Bellamy away from me. "You suck."

Grinning, he ran his hand across the surface, sending a splash of water toward me.

"Oh," I whispered, narrowing my eyes at him. "It's on."

---

By the time night had fallen, we had reluctantly pulled ourselves out of the lake, and had begun the dry-off period.

Camp had been set up, and a fire started.

It was almost peaceful as the group of us sat around the flames, save for Shaw's incessant radio calls.

I couldn't blame him. We needed to reach Raven and Jordan to let them know we were okay, but so far it appeared that the signal was still jammed some how.

My eyes found focus on Jackson and Miller who were set off slightly from the group, seemingly in an emotional conversation. I was happy that they found each other in that bunker, because by the sounds of it, there wasn't much happiness down there.

I sat between Bellamy's legs, my back pressed to his chest as he absentmindedly played with the ends of my hair. "I know bringing Miller was hard for you." I finally mumbled, turning to glance up at Bellamy. "But it was the right thing to do."