Chapter 7: Family

Start from the beginning

It was one of the kind of unfortunate things that Ethan had in becoming a Phone Guy as it meant Robotics was no longer his main duty, but as his thoughts went prior, he, of course, could still do a thing or two if given the chance, which hasn't come up given that it wasn't needed. Especially since Nolan was around and he was the guy the company looked to, along with a sum of others that weren't working here at Fazbender HQ.

The Factory currently was all quiet and lacked any activity since it was past the working hours. The production machines were all off, as were most of the lights that illuminated the interior. Only a few spots here and there, had their lights on.

Its design and layout is what you would expect from something like a factory. There were conveyor belts on one side of the building that were for small parts which then lead to another section where big mechanical arms that would be controlled by workers would put together the metal and steel parts to set up what would be an animatronic endoskeleton.

Other sections were also present for unusable parts, animatronics that were old and so were used for parts, and just other junk that would be transferred to the old building for storage and or for demolition.

"Where are you, Nolan...? Did you somehow forget to close the Factory, or?" Ethan wondered that and looked up at the Factory's office section, its lights were on. It can be seen over at the second floor from where he himself stood.

Ethan turned around and looked at another section in the Factory, another production room, except it wasn't as big since it didn't need the conveyor belts or giant robotic mechanical arms. And why, because this production room wasn't for the animatronics but instead for the Phone Guys.

It's where the true Scott Cawthon was turned into a Phone. Where the original managers were turned into a Phone...

Where I turned into a Phone...

The Machine was formally named the 'Scott Memorial Machine'. Fitting since it started off as project by the original five managers with the intent of bringing back Scott Cawthon when he first died in a suit. And even now, in a twisted way since it produces other 'Scott Cawthons'.

"..." As Ethan pondered about that, he saw the door opening from the inside, with the one on the left swinging outwards.

The person that came out was none other than Nolan, of course, "Hey, Ethan, you're still here?" he asks that and closed the door, locking it with some key.

"Was about to ask you the same thing."

"...Was making sure to see if everything's in proper working order before heading off. Been a long day today..."

"It has... But you shouldn't need to worry, the late-night technicians should take care of anything. Let's go."

"Yeah, just let me close up the office and put away my equipment."

"Go on ahead, I'll be waiting for you."

* * *

"...I can never ever wonder the feeling of what it's like to be like that..." said Ethan as he looked portraits of the original managers and Scott Cawthon in the lobby as he was still waiting for Nolan.

Though, he was mainly looking at Harry's portrait. He was thinking about how it was like to be a Generation 1 Phone Guy. How it's like to be stuck as a Scott Cawthon. How it's like to have your memory to wiped cleaned completely.

To have all your memories, and moments of time be wiped and replaced with what the company believes is the 'ideal manager'. Ethan could never truly find out since he had never approached to ever speak to Harry about it even if they often worked together as Abel's main underlings.