Chapter 6: Erased But Not Forgotten

Start from the beginning

So as the procedure goes she was brought here to the Factory and turned into a Phone Gal. Unlike most Phone employees however, Scottie wasn't sent back to the location she had her accident at and was instead stationed at Fazbender HQ. To do what she does now as a receptionist, communications employee and even being on Warehouse duty.

This decision was made by the original management at the time. Though it was never said by anyone, it's likely because she was a woman that couldn't handle the job of being a Freddy Fazbender's manager. While she wouldn't exactly agree with that notion, she ended up liking her new job.

After all, she didn't have to work, or better yet, be a manager at a Freddy's location again. Understandable, given how chaotic a location can be. Her job of working behind the desk was much more suited to her, even if she was a hair stylist in her previous life. Chaos and stress didn't suit her, and while working at Fazbender HQ didn't remove it from her shoulders completely, at least it was somewhat more bearable.

And a second reason she keeps to herself, is that she got to meet Harry. It wasn't right away, however, as she only met him in 1983, and they went on friendly terms  a while after. Harry is no doubt, the kindest soul she had met in his company of scandals, lies murder and crime...

Harry was even a Generation 1 model, a Phone Guy from the 1970's that was a part of the first reworked Phone Guy AI designed by none other than Abel himself. Being a Generation 1 model meant that a Phone Guy has very little, or no memory of their lives before the Phone-ification process. The current Generation can manage to remember their past lifes should something jog it back. Scottie and Ethan themselves, were examples of Phones with the Generation 2 AI.

So, that meant Harry had no memory of his life before, who or how was, what he did. But yet, despite all that he was a kind person, unlike most of other Generation 1 Phone Guys...

But then, a thought hit Scottie. Something she didn't think of until now...

How does Harry know that he himself is Harry? How does he know his own alive-name?

She could hazard a guess that the original managers told of his alive-name and such since they weren't programmed with the Generation 1 AI; their memories weren't wiped out unlike him as Harry was the last out of the five of them after all to be turned into a Phone Guy.

So, the previous managers likely told him of his past or the like. That was a fairly good conclusive thought to come to...

But even with that said, Scottie was curious. She never had brought up anything like this with him before. She wondered if he would even be okay with such a matter with him.

"..." Scottie brought herself back to the present and she focused back onto the monitor with her eyes that she lacked.

"Scottie? Hey, you okay?" Harry asks, standing near her desk, probably giving her a puzzled look.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine... I just have a lot on my mind, is all..."

"So, what is the issue you're having?"

"—..." Scottie had to stop herself. She almost had responded with what she was thinking of instead of the work she had laid out in front of her.

Now, isn't the time. Maybe later, after this done, I can bring it up.

"...So, uh, we managed to contact some of the Phone Guys out there, not all but some. Some didn't respond right away, some didn't at all. And for those that didn't, it's apparently because they're inactive or dead somehow.