The memories come rushing back along with the emotions I felt during those tough years of my life during and after pregnancy. I clench the hem of jumper tightly only to feel warmth envelope them seconds later.

Looking up I meet Theo's gaze and although he smiles shakily his eyes are brewing with a dark and deadly storm. As if he can't resist he tugs me onto his lap and hugs me tightly. I sigh in content as I rest my chin in the crook of his neck and close my eyes for a moment.

"I hate that you had to go through that." He murmurs while gently stroking my hair. "You don't have to continue if it's too much. You're not obligated to tell me anything you don't want to Char."

"You deserve to know the heartache I'll carry with me forever Theo. Before we're in too deep."

"Too late for that." He whispers so quietly that I almost don't catch it.

I pull away and stare at him in surprise. The tips of his ears turn pink and he shrugs half-heartedly. His index finger plays with a curl of my hair while the other rests on my waist.

"I care for you Charlotte and I could never dream of hurting you. I like you for who you are; a strong and sweet woman who feels like sunshine whenever she's around." He grins and winks boyishly when I blush. Leaning closer he dips down and brushes his lips ever so softly against mine before speaking lowly. "You have every right to carry that pain so please don't be ashamed about it. I just hope I can take it all away some day."

"Thank you for making me feel better." I smile and kiss his cheek. "Can we talk about something else though?"

"Your wish is my command. See that concrete deck over there?" He points in the distance and I nod when I spot it. "That used to be Ryder's, my older brother, and Ella's spot. They'd go there and talk for hours almost every day."

"That's so cute!" I squeal and he chuckles in response.

We talk about anything and everything as we eat under the afternoon sun. I find out that his favorite color is orange, he loves Thai food and visited Thailand on a trip with his college friends too.

"Do you meet up with them often?"

"Every year." He nods with a grin. "It was a little difficult in the first year when we all finished college. That's why we organize trips every year to catch up with each other."

"That's so nice. What years did you enjoy the most? School or college?"

"Definitely college! There was a lot more freedom and I couldn't have met the guys if I hadn't attended." He chuckles with a faraway look. "What about you?"

"School. I met Jessica, Jacob and Poppy there who are my best friends." I smile fondly at the memories of us in those years. "We went to different colleges and couldn't meet up as much so I definitely preferred our school days."

"Are you guys still in touch?"

"Everyday. They're planning to visit after the new year, sometime early January." I perk up excitedly and he smiles at me. "We really want to visit New York."

"You can get Hunter and Zoe to show you around if you want? Or if you guys want to explore by yourself they can give you some tips on where to go?"

"That would be amazing! They wouldn't mind?" I bite my lip nervously and he shakes his head with a laugh.

"Trust me, even if Hunter can't get away from work Zoe definitely will. She's a photographer and loves any opportunity to explore the city."

I smile in relief before asking him if he has any trip planned with his friends. We continue chatting for another thirty minutes before I need to pick up Aria from school. I move to tidy up but he whirls me around before pushing me forward.