Dua From the Heart

Start from the beginning

"I swear, I'm not a medical expert, but kids are a leading cause of heart attacks for parents." I said, putting my hand over my chest to calm my pounding heart.

"I am a medical expert, and I agree." He chuckled, kissing the side of Hania's head as she sobbed against his neck. 

****

Zafar

Sehar Malik, the lawyer who had helped us fight a custody case against Umair, recommended a lawyer to help us with the property matter. It was expensive, but it was also very much necessary.

The lawyer advised us to find any paperwork or documents that showed that my parents had given up their entire savings to Taimoor, because if we could, my brother would have no claim over the property, as we could easily claim that he had already taken his share (and more) from my parents.

"This was over twenty years ago."  Baba Jaan said, looking exhausted. 

The lawyer, Mr Hashim, a middle-aged man with white hair and a thick white moustache, nodded thoughtfully. "Are you with the same bank that you've been with since then?" 

Baba Jaan nodded.

"Excellent. Times have changed a lot, but we should be able to trace records dating back to those days." Mr Hashim told us. "Did you transfer the money to your son's bank account?"

"Yes, he newly opened an account with the same bank back then." Baba Jaan replied. "I transferred the money directly into the account." 

"You have nothing to worry about, Farukh Sahab. Leave it all to me, and within days, your elder son will not have a case." Mr Hashim stood up. 

I walked him to the door. "Do we have a good chance?"

"We have a good chance, if we can get the records from the bank." He looked grim. "If we can, then I'll ensure that Taimoor will never be able to make such a claim again." He paused. "And as for your suspension, Zafar beta, I can assure you that it's unlawful." A twinkle in his eyes surprised me. "Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." I closed the gate, confused.

What did he mean about the last sentence?

As I turned to head inside, I saw Fariha coming out of our room. She had been constantly stressed about the situation, so much that it seemed that Zaid felt it and he refused to be fed. It was strange how such a small child could feel his mother's anxiety. Naturally, that stressed Fariha out even more. "Will you stop worrying? We're handling it, aren't we?" 

"How are we going to manage?" She asked, worriedly. "Listen, Zafar, I can go to the clinic for two or three hours. At least we'll..."

"I told you. Ahad has suggested a temporary job for me. We'll manage, In Sha Allah." I had no idea whether even I believed what I was saying, but for now, it was important for Fariha to stop stressing on and focus on Zaid.

I had faith in Allah. All our problems will be solved, I just know it. I had hope in the form of Mr Hashim. Sometimes Divine help is sent in the form of humans. When you feel there isn't a way, Allah sends help in various ways. I had no idea just how much Mr Hashim was going to end up doing for me.

****

I began working as a security guard at Ahad's current clinic. I hardly saw him around, because he was busy setting up his own clinic as well, and I was glad for that. When Ahad and I were in the same vicinity, we tended to act immature and childish at times, resulting in loud laughter and craziness, and I preferred not to do that at my workplace.