Funk

"Sweetheart! Get up!" I heard my father's knocking on my door as my eyes shot open.

   "I'm up!" I yelled back, practically jumping out of bed. I didn't know if last night was a dream or not, but I didn't have time to think about it. Whatever it was it had motivated me, and I was ready for today.

   Scurrying around my room I threw open my closet to reveal a closet full of the same outfit. A checkered vest with a navy blue suit jacket, thigh high long shorts, and white socks with brown shoes (Think Five from Umbrella Academy.) Grabbing the hanger in the center I threw on my uniform.

   "Hello-" My maid said in shock as I sped up to her. I ran past my maid, nodding a greeting and grabbing a pop tart from behind her, as it crumbled in my hands. Stuffing the broken pieces into my mouth I tossed my backpack over my shoulder and ran out the door, jumping two steps as I hit the pavement with a thud. I rolled my ankles out as I kept running.

  Fueled by anger and the want for revenge I dashed to school, my adrenaline spiking as a car sped a foot away from my face.

  "Mother fucker." I murmured, wind ripping past my face. Dashing through the smoke the car emitted I neared the school, before I noticed a parked car in front of my path. Adrenaline coursing through me I slid over the hood of the car, hearing the objections of the passengers inside.

   "Y/N!" I saw Mason furiously waving. I waved back and ran over to him. He shoved a hot drink in my hand and upon further examination it was a piping hot coffee.

  "Coffee? Thanks!" I said in excitement, inhaling the bitter fumes.

  "You'll need your energy." Mason grinned at he, wielding his own drink.

  "So you already have a plan?" I gave a sarcastic smile and took a sip.

  "You slept through our group chat messages."

  "Fucking damn it." I groaned, internally planning to double check my alarm clock.

   We walked for a bit, sipping hot drinks on a medium warm day. Suddenly Schlatt jumped out from a corner. I awkwardly stepped backwards in surprise, tripping on a pebble. But thankfully I was caught by Cooper's hand on my back.

  "Morning Y/N!" John smiled as he walked up, his hands in his designer jeans.

  "You can't wear that!" I said in surprise, looking at John's pants. They were a bright white with large black lettering across each leg. They were crisp and new, and he seemed to take great pride at me calling him out

 "Hey dummy, look around." Cooper laughed. I glanced around in awe, reveling in their outfits. Cooper wore a bunched up white hoodie and ripped baggy jeans. His dulled orange hat sat lightly on a bed of messy blonde hair.

  Fitz stood behind him, wearing a puffy jacket, beige pants and a decorative chain around his neck. Schlatt dressed in a creased suit, his hair slicked back and his tennis shoes scuffed and standing out from his formal wear. Mason wore a black hoodie with a flannel on top and simple jeans.

 "Did you plan this?" I asked, looking down in embarrassment at my school clothes.

 "You slept through it." Fitz sighed.

 "Shit!" I complained.

  "Don't worry about it, we brought you clothes." Schlatt said condescendingly, pulling out a plastic wrapped bundle. I opened it up with excitement to reveal (your favorite outfit, but choose something you can move around in).

  I looked back up at the group, completely giddy to see John give a hint of a smile as he waved me to the school bathroom. I dashed in and emerged five minutes later in my new outfit.

 "Alright. So why did we do this?" I asked, doing a spin and showing off my fit. Cooper put a hand on my shoulder to stop me in place.

 "We have to look good when we destroy this school from the inside out." Mason grinned.

 "Viva La Revolution." I mirrored his expression, a wide smile appearing on my face.

 "Let's fucking go." Cooper laughed.

(A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating that much! Promise I'm still working on this story)