✔Chapter XXV - To the Dwarf Village

Depuis le début

The fields were visible on both sides, the long golden paddy danced in the evening breeze and at the near horizon she saw a civilisation. As they went closer Seraphina noticed the small buildings made of stones and wood, it was like she had suddenly grown twice her size. She was amazed to see the small town that she didn't notice when they stopped.

"Get down." Demian ordered as he got out and she followed.

The large building before her seemed like a mansion which was bigger than any other settlement in the town. An elderly man rushed out of the mansion and bowed just like the entire townsfolk.

"O great Dragon Prince, we are honored that you have graced us with your presence." He said with utmost respect.

"Please raise your head, elder Reginus." Demian said, "I would like to stay the night with my wife here. It's quiet late for travelling to the dragon city." 

The elder dwarf tilted his head as his curious gaze fell on Seraphina beside Demian. He grinned and nodded, "Of course, of course! We shall prepare a good room for your highness."

"Also, I need this village's physicians to treat my wounded guards and my wife."

An elderly man came up and bowed, "I shall be your in your care my prince." 

Demian nodded. 

The old dwarf told his people enthusiastically, "Today the dragon prince and his wife will stay here. Prepare a feast!"

All of them cheered happily and Seraphina couldn't help but chuckle at them. They were surely happy people. 

Not an hour passed by, they left their works and started to prepare for the big feast while singing various songs in unison. 

The wide area in front of the town hall became the grand hall for welcoming the guests. A bonfire was placed in the middle of it as some of them started to cook and some carried large barrels and placed at a side. 

A dwarf came near Seraphina and Demian and offered two mugs of ale, "Prince and Princess, please have our finest ale."

"You can't drink. Your wounds are not healed yet." Demian intercepted.

"I can drink and I will drink." Seraphina announced as she took the mug from the dwarf's hands and before Demian could snatch it away she pressed the tip to her lips pouring the ale in her mouth.

The tangy feeling filled her mouth and felt like tickling flames as it travelled down her throat. It certainly was the finest. She remembered having the finest of the ale when Merlene got her high tier rank. That day was a feast too. 

"It's good!" She said to the young dwarf and his grin broadened. As if she praised his ego, his chest puffed with pride. 

"Yes, because it has been reserved for many years."

"Really! How old?" Sera asked. 

"80 years."

"That's amazing!" She gulped it down in a gulp and asked, "can I have more?"

The young dwarf as well as the dwarves around them looked at her for a moment. No doubt, Demian was surprised too as he gave her a look. The people exchanged looks and Seraphina bit her lip forgetting about her behaviour in dragon territory. Celia would be so mad at her. Were they aware that she wasn't a princess? She almost felt like slapping herself when they cried in joy and the elder dwarf said, "Give the princes as much ale as she wants! Tonight, I shall join her as well. The feast shall begin now!"

They cheered happily and more ale came in their way as the elder dwarf joined her. Now that Seraphina announced she wanted more ale, the others came as well and in no time, they sat in round and became competitive against each other. 

"I used to drink two barrels in earlier days!" The old dwarf hiccuped, "now I can't do it because of my old age!" He shook his head as a sigh left from him. 

"That's why old man is loosing against the Princess," One of them said and the crowd started to laugh. 

"You can't beat this old man yet..." He stretched his mug and shouted, "More ale! Don't let it stop from coming."

Seraphina laughed and she said, "You are like my father. He always competes against Merlene."

"Eh? Your old man can drink more than me?" He asked and the shock on his face made Seraphina giggle as she gulped another mug of ale. 

"More than anyone in the g—" Seraphina halted and she remembered Demian was still there behind her. She had forgotten about him and swayed with them. These people were more like her guild members loud, boisterous and she felt in her element with them.

Seraphina almost forgot that she was in the dragon's land and not in her guild. For more, she was about to spill out the truth. 

She placed her mug and said, "I'm done..." 

"But we haven't even started yet..." The others pouted in their drunken state. No matter how much she wanted to go with the flow, she decided to stop otherwise Demian would be suspicious.