February

Warning: smut, not quite written as usual, hope you'll like it anyway.

Yep, 2 chapters in less than 24 hours because I'm inspired and also bored.

Photo by Ava Sol

------

"Molly came back from her trip, guess what she brought back: a dog! She found him wandering through an old house, she gave him some food and he followed her all the way back! You would see him, he's really cute. They'll call him Rufus I think."

He sighs, seeing very well where she's going with this. It's not the first time that she has brought the subject to the table. And now that her best friend has one, her urge to bring a furball into their house is only stronger. She continues her babbling without paying attention to the disillusioned face of her companion.

"She's really happy now that they're going to be parents. She always dreamed of being one of those families whose children grow up with a dog. I understand her, what better than a dog to complete a family. The games, the cuddles in the evening by the fire...

-The fleas, the dirt, the outings at a late hour for him to do his business..."

She pouts at the mocking voice of her companion. But she doesn't give up that easily.

"He could go on patrol with you, protect you, warn you of dangers.

-Yeah, knowing you, you wouldn't let him follow me even to the stables. You would be so attached, you would be too afraid that something would happen to him.

-Ok, well, he could protect me when you're not around.

-Protect you from what? You're perfectly safe inside the walls. And then you sleep with a gun on the nightstand, that's the best defense.

-He could make me feel less alone..."

She said this last sentence more quietly. His expression softens, the taunt leaving him. He looks at her with a touch of sadness. This last sentence gripped his heart. Does she feel alone with him? Isn't he enough to fulfill her? Is it this the fact that she can't have kids that resurfaces? She sees that he is wondering and reassures him, a slight smile on her lips.

"I'm bored when you're on patrol. He would keep me company."

He hums, still dubious. She walks over to him, placing her hands gently on his chest, looking up at him with innocent eyes.

"Are you afraid that I prefer him to you?

-Rather yes.

-He will be less grumpy than you, that's for sure. But hey, there are some things he won't be able to do."

She gently pushes on his chest to make him sit in the chair behind him. She slowly steps over him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she sits on his lap.

"He couldn't hold me tight. Tell me incredible stories. And, you know..."

He smirks. He strokes her face and thinks about the idea a bit. He sighs, shaking his head.

"Ok, we'll talk about that again in the spring, there are often litters at that time."

She smiles. It's not a straightforward yes, but she knows that once again she's won. Fortunately she has simple desires, otherwise she would drive him crazy and become capricious. She kisses him softly, as if thanking him in advance for this gift he is giving her.

----------------

Headphones tucked into her ears, Chloe dances in the kitchen as she tidies the dishes. She doesn't immediately notice his presence, leaning on the doorframe. She stops short, meeting his gaze, a slightly embarrassed smile on her lips at being so exposed. She frowns imperceptibly at the worried look on her companion. She walks up to him, dancing ridiculously, trying to get a smile out of him. He gets there, a little, but his eyes keep the same reflection.