Chapter 3 - Exploration

Start from the beginning

Neither of them where talking.

George turned to Dream in interest, and even Dream felt that something was wrong.

And then George spotted to the two boys from
Before, hovering not far from the blonde man. They had both turned as deathly white as before.

Seeing the sight of George and Dream, the blond man got up from his seat and offered a hand to dream. "I'm Phil." He said smiling.

Dream shook his hand smiling back at him. And George did the same as Phil offered it to him.

"And those are my sons, Wilbur and Tommy" he pointed to the two boys now who had not moved. Only who dream was guessing to be Wilbur, had gone extremely red.

Tommy bowed at them both, and Wilbur buried his face in his hands in embarrassment.

George tried not to laugh.

The two men made there way over to the bar, where they sat for a bit. Dream wanted to discuss the bank robbery in poland yet again, but the bartender was still polishing the glasses and stacking them away on the shelves, and Phil was still glaring at his hands.

Whispers came from the back of the room as George and Dream discussed the boat, and soon enough, Tommy made his way over to the table.

"Er- excuse me?" He asked, half staring at his feet, half staring and the two of them. "Where you- in the papers? Aren't you that- that- detective guy?"

Dream grinned at him. "Yeah, thats me."

Tommy's eyes went wide with excitement. "You- you solved the Mrs Rivers murder back in America, didn't you! It was all over the papers!"

Dream beamed at him.

Tommy, who looked as if he was going to explode, ran over to Wilbur, who had been hovering anxiously for Tommy. Both of them erupted into a hushed conversation.

Phil however, had not moved from his seat at all.

Then, the two of them left the bar, to hunt for the dining room yet again.

At lunch they met Mr Techno.
~~~~

George and Dream had called for Alex to explain how to get to the dining room, for both of them where entirely lost. After pointing to a few doors and staircases, and explaining the directions, he ran off down the corridor.

"He's busy." Said George, frowning.

"He's in charge of all the servants George, of course he's busy." Sighed Dream.

They both climbed up the stairs Alex had pointed to, and eventually made their way over to a big brown door, with a shining golden handle.

Dream grinned while opening the door, standing aside to let George in. George blushed and stepped inside, taking in his surroundings.

The dining room was glamorous as ever.

A golden chandelier hung elegantly from the ceiling, shaking ever so slightly as the two of them stepped inside. Around ten tables or so where spread around the room, red cloth spread across them. The carpet had twisty golden patterns that swirled in an out like snakes, the wallpaper a beautiful shade of red.

As if he came out of nowhere, Alex came round the corner and bowed to them both. "Here are your menu's sirs." And then he hurried away again to the kitchens.

Dream was still clutching the menu's, confused as ever. Maybe George had a point, he was extremely busy, maybe too busy. But then he remembered he was on a cruise ship, there was no crime here. There was nothing to be investigated.

He reassured himself this as they both made there way over to a small table in the middle of the room, dream pulling out his chair and sitting down as quickly as ever.

George struggled to think of conversation topic, and dream kept twirling his fork around in his hands.

And then, a voice came from high up above them. "Excuse me, you seem to have taken my table."

It was perfectly American, rather deep. And it sounded as though he knew what he was doing. George could feel power radiating from him, and that was why he felt to scared to answer.

Dream however, is never scared. "I don't see your name on it." He replied, sharply as ever.

The other man said nothing. He gazed down at them both, as if they where a waste of his time. But he did not give up. "Well no, I would be sent off the ship for vandalism."

George stared between Dream and the other man. George had never seen him have competition before. He was rather interested to see how this would go.

"Well I know that, I thought you would recognise a joke when you see one." Dream's tone hadn't changed at all. His gazed was fixed on the tall man, but George could see that he could very well pull out all the insults he knew.

The man opened his mouth then closed it again, defeated.

"What's your name sir?" Dream smirked.

"Call me techno." He said, offering a hand to Dream.

Dream did not take it.

Techno took a step backwards, and turned away towards another table.

George nudged him, grinning. "Competitive are we?"

"No." Dream scoffed. But I'm the inside he felt rather pleased with himself.

And then there came lunch, dishes of food George gasped at. It rather felt like he where royalty. He had never gotten so excited by the sight of food before. Dream couldn't help but smile at how George kept glancing at the food so excitedly, he looked so happy.

And then the dishes where swept away by waiters, leaving everyone with nothing. Dream stood up, George close behind him. He pushed open the double doors, as it slammed shut behind them.

Trailing up the stairs, they both discussed their mini adventure, talking together happily.

Then they found themselves in front of their doors. Dream twisted the key into the lock and pushed open the door, George doing the same.

And then dream turned back to look at him.

"Goodnight George."

~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting, I have no motivation 🧍‍♀️ but dw I will be posting more often this week! Hope everyone's having a good day <3